Model Cars Magazine Forum

Camaro ZL1 - 69

da_ashman

Hey Guys

This is my build for the Camaro 50th Anniversary build. Revell 69 Camaro ZL1 kit, with a few modifications to the body like removing all chrome edging & drip rails, modified the bonnet & scratchbuild the spoiler & exhaust, & opened up the grill.

Seats are from a Xmas competition , from Clearly scaled VW golf seats

Wanted a NASCAR-esq look to it so used some NASTruck wheels with tyres from a Nissan 240Z.

Body is painted GM Synergy Green with Alclads Light Sheen clear coat (Satin finish) 

I wanted to build a old school car to match my newer gen 2013 ZL1 (also built for a group build)

Didnt really have a great time with this kit, nothing fitted properly, I fogged the glass with super glue, even got a glue finger print on windscreen for the first time in 15yrs. Thought I was going to break the body getting the chassis in. Not 100% happy but Its done.

IMG_8302.JPG

IMG_8303.JPG

IMG_8304.JPG

IMG_8305.JPG

IMG_8306.JPG

IMG_8307.JPG

IMG_8308.JPG

IMG_8309.JPG

IMG_8310.JPG

IMG_8311.JPG

IMG_8312.JPG

IMG_8313.JPG

IMG_8314.JPG

IMG_8315.JPG

IMG_8316.JPG

You made great choices for this build.....it looks perfectly TOUGH!!  whenever I got the "white" super glue fingerprint on a windscreen, I would rub-in Micro Mark polish compound, and it would get rid of the fingerprint. Q:did you add a photo etch grille?