Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 corvette stingray

Evan Williams

Here's my revell '69 stingray corvette with a 427 size engine. This is an older build of mine so it is not near the quality I would like, but I still take great pride in this as a part of me is invested. If anyone sees anything I could improve upon or do better please say something. I want to get better

IMG_9598.JPG

IMG_9599.JPG

IMG_9600.JPG

IMG_9601.JPG

IMG_9602.JPG

IMG_9604.JPG

IMG_9605.JPG

IMG_9606.JPG

Welcome to the forum, Evan..

I would suggest highlighting the badges, and some things on the interior with a silver sharpie or something.., maybe a Molotow Chrome pen. smooth out the paint a tad... but all in all, its not bad... especially for an older build. Keep at it, and look around on here. There is a wealth of knowledge and great people to learn from... You'll learn a lot and get better and better as time goes on. Build on, bro!

Edited by KWT

Welcome to the forum, Evan..

I would suggest highlighting the badges, and some things on the interior with a silver sharpie or something.., maybe a Molotow Chrome pen. smooth out the paint a tad... but all in all, its not bad... especially for an older build. Keep at it, and look around on here. There is a wealth of knowledge and great people to learn from... You'll learn a lot and get better and better as time goes on. Build on, bro!

Thank you and I will be sure to look into that. I am very excited to see what all I can learn from these forums as you are right, this is a wealth of knowledge.

I'll echo what Jeremy said-----some BMF or one of those paint pens can make those little details stand out. If you're ever stuck on a detail, don't hesitate to ask! Someone on here is bound to know the answer to whatever is a sticking point. ;)

The 'Vette is looking good! I didn't even paint mine many years ago when I started building. That wouldn't come till a good five years or so down the line!