Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for certain Photo etch scripts

Greetings gents,

I am in the process of building a '63 Ford Mass. State Police cruiser for the MSP Museum in Grafton Mass. The car I am using is a '63 Promo model, donated for this project, by fellow forum member, Tom Sheehy.  In the interest of accuracy, I would like to replace the existing fender script from "Galaxie" to the lower trim version, which is simply a "FORD" script. Please see the attached pics. Does anyone know of a photo etch sheet that contains something I can use? I have looked on all my usual sources, to no avail.  Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Jay C.

14.JPG

1 - Copy.png

5 - Copy.jpg

Never tried that method before, but I'd be curious as to its process.  But I did find a PE sheet on Model car Garage for a '53 Ford Victoria  It has a "Fordomatic" script that has the same font that i'm looking for. Just have to trim off "omatic".  I think I can make the rectangle part as a decal. 

Take a piece of aluminum foil (the cheap stuff is thinner and better) and burnish it over the emblem, shiny side out; leave about 1/2" all the way around the emblem.

Carefully remove the foil and fill the back-side with epoxy.

After the epoxy has cured, trim/sand the ornament.

I have a tutorial on this technique...but I also have photobucket, so I can't "walk" you through it.

Edited by BigTallDad