Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 ford ranger with 7.3 powerstroke (dually?)

This is a project I have had planed for some time and I am going to build it with a garage diorama (ACME auto) as a shop truck.

it is a moebius 1971 ford ranger long box and I will be building a 7.3L powerstroke diesel and auto trans using the 460/7.5L engine from the revell 91 ford dually kit as a base for the engine.

sorry for the bad pics should have better ones tomorrow. 

Comment welcome 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by 426 pack

9 hours ago, Sergey said:

Nice start, but as I remember 91 Ford dually is 1:24. That's O-key?

I never realized that they were different scales but I think it will be ok 

I had an idea about doing a dually and making my own fenders let me know what you guys think about it as I'm not to shure about it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Another idea would be to use the rear fenders from one of the 1953-56 Ford stepside pickups. Just a thought!                                                                                                                        Dennis

10 minutes ago, Mercuryman54 said:

Another idea would be to use the rear fenders from one of the 1953-56 Ford stepside pickups. Just a thought!                                                                                                                        Dennis

I have a couple of the kits you are talking about but the fenders look to big and bulkey. 

Edited by 426 pack

Well, Ford started to use dually PickUp beds since 1985. But if you built something like a custom, rear fenders look O-key.

I wouldn't use such red color. It kills all the detailes on body. I would only use it on two tone color or multi color scheme.