Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from long ago.

Hello from Washngton. 

Some of you may remember me from the Santa Cruz area. I was one of the founding members of Monterey Bay Scale Auto Association, and then the Association of California Modeling Enthusiast,  aka A.C.M.E.

I disappeared for a while,  but now I'm back. Like to say hi to a few people here if they are here, Roy Sorenson, Stan Penick, Ron Carrskadon (never could spell your last name),Kevin Whight,  Steve from Hollister, who's last name escapes me at the moment,  and,  of course,  Carrie Wilder. 

Recently returning to the hobby after a long hiatus.  Looking to reconnect with some old friends if possible. 

Sincerely,  Eric S. 

Edited by MrEModeler

On 12/20/2017 at 1:56 PM, Vince Nemanic said:

I have known Steve and Curt for years.  I was on the NNL West committee since 1990 and still help vendors find their tables during set up.  We probably know each other.

We may,  I kind of dropped out around that time though.  I was usually the biggest person in the room,  at least physically. 

On 12/20/2017 at 1:56 PM, Vince Nemanic said:

I have known Steve and Curt for years.  I was on the NNL West committee since 1990 and still help vendors find their tables during set up.  We probably know each other.

I haven't seen Steve in over twenty years. Is he still active in the hobby? 

3 hours ago, MrEModeler said:

We may,  I kind of dropped out around that time though.  I was usually the biggest person in the room,  at least physically. 

The late Randy Vandraiss was usually the tallest, and Bob Heselton and I were close to you in size. Steve is still in the hobby and is active on the Spotlight Hobbies (formerly Hobby Heaven) board. Saw him and Curt last July.

13 hours ago, Vince Nemanic said:

The late Randy Vandraiss was usually the tallest, and Bob Heselton and I were close to you in size. Steve is still in the hobby and is active on the Spotlight Hobbies (formerly Hobby Heaven) board. Saw him and Curt last July.

I remember Randy Vandraiss well. I'm sorry to hear of his passing. 

I have made contact with Steve thanks to your lead.  I am most grateful for your assistance with that.  We have emailed one another a couple of times already. ☺

Truely thank you.