Model Cars Magazine Forum

Du Page Swap Meet

High octane

Rumor that the swap meets held at the DuPage County Fairgrounds in Wheaton, Illinois have been canceled is NOT true. Past Time Hobbies store has been sold, but the swap meet/toy show WILL be held on Feb. 25th and Sept. 30th of 2018 so mark your calendars. I just got off the phone at 4 p.m. today with the owner to confirm this.

• 1 month later...

I'll be heading out the door for this one in a few minutes. I used to go regularly but I haven't made it there in several years for various reasons, so I'm interested to see how/if it's changed. I don't expect I'll come home with a carload of goodies but hopefully enough to make getting up at 4am on a Sunday worthwhile! :lol:

I showed up a little after 6am and stayed until the doors opened. I was pleased to see that after quite a few years of not making it there that it was still a very good show. It wasn't as big as it used to be but that's to be expected in the internet age. Honestly I feared it might be even smaller. I picked up a 1/16 Peterbilt kit and a Moebius trailer kit from the guys from Chrome Tech, as well as a couple of Hot Wheels display cases and some other odds and ends. I probably could've spent more $$$ but common sense prevailed. I definitely plan on going back in September for the next show there.

15 hours ago, High octane said:

I was there this morning, but only picked up three MAD distributors for myself. I had four sealed JoHan kits to sell, but no takers. Oh well.

What a coincidence, I picked up 3 distributors also, and bought a nice Johan Shirley Shahan AMX

2 hours ago, Mike77 said:

Of the show or what we got there?

I would like to see the show but what ever you got there would be nice also. I used to enjoy looking at the pictures from all of the shows that I just could not attend. I'm interested in what others in the Hobby are building.  

9 hours ago, espo said:

I would like to see the show but what ever you got there would be nice also. I used to enjoy looking at the pictures from all of the shows that I just could not attend. I'm interested in what others in the Hobby are building.  

It was just a Plastic and Toy Show at the Du Page County Fairgrounds in Wheaton, Illinois and not a contest also or NNL so there weren't very many built model cars for sale or displayed.

10 hours ago, High octane said:

It was just a Plastic and Toy Show at the Du Page County Fairgrounds in Wheaton, Illinois and not a contest also or NNL so there weren't very many built model cars for sale or displayed.

OK thanks.