Model Cars Magazine Forum

Selecting the right forum ?

I recently posted a question in the "general" forum that was moved. I fully understand why but I am unclear where the line is between the "general" forum and the "question" forum. I will admit that I do post questions in the "general" forum but my reasoning is that on the "question" forum I don't seem to get much response but if I place the same question on the "general" forum I get responses.  I also have noticed that there are several other posts on the wrong forum, so. It seems to me that the knowledgeable members do not frequent the "question" forum as much as the "general" forum so they do not see the posts there. 

Now I am not complaining about the move but today I noticed several similar posts were also moved yet some that in my opinion should also be moved were not. So again, what determines if it stays or goes ? And yes I do I did read  "For general model car hobby or 1:1 automotive related topics ONLY."

(and yes I always do a search before asking) 

Edited by Jon Haigwood

I generally leave questions, that should be asked elsewhere, in the General section for a day or so before I move them. This gives the question a chance to be seen by a few more folks. Sometimes I forget to go back and move them. You can always use the report post function if you think something is in the wrong spot. No one will hold it against you.

If you have questions about a specific kit or part, it should more than likely be in the Q&A section.

Questions about modeling techniques should be in the Q&A or How-To sections.

"General" questions about models, model companies, style of cars and the like can usually stay in the General section.

When in doubt, you can put it in General and the mods will move it, if needed. All we ask is that you try to put it where it goes first. Don't just put everything in General for others to sort out.

25 minutes ago, Xingu said:

I generally leave questions, that should be asked elsewhere, in the General section for a day or so before I move them. This gives the question a chance to be seen by a few more folks. Sometimes I forget to go back and move them. You can always use the report post function if you think something is in the wrong spot. No one will hold it against you.

If you have questions about a specific kit or part, it should more than likely be in the Q&A section.

Questions about modeling techniques should be in the Q&A or How-To sections.

"General" questions about models, model companies, style of cars and the like can usually stay in the General section.

When in doubt, you can put it in General and the mods will move it, if needed. All we ask is that you try to put it where it goes first. Don't just put everything in General for others to sort out.

Thanks , those are good guidelines for posting . I won't report a post for something minor like that, it's not the way I roll. Thanks for the reply