Model Cars Magazine Forum

Valspar Kustom Kolors paint questions.

I hope to airbrush some Valspar Kustom Kolors paint this weekend.[ the hobby stuff Walmart sold] This will be my first time using it. Has anyone thinned it with anything besides their reducer? Has anyone tested compatability with other hobby paints? Anyone tried any hobby clear coats over it? Thanks for any info!

Thanks Gregg! As it turned out I never got to it this weekend. I've decided to use a Monogram Green Hornet kit as my test mule. Sounds like patience and mist coats to begin is the way to go. I'm also using real car primer under it. Thanks for your response. I got the new mag in the mail yesterday and,as usual, enjoyed it very much!

Thanks George! The reason I'm using the Green Hornet is that it's been painted and stripped once[ krylon color that I didn't like on the car] and I like the green metalic from Valspar. I have 4 more Hornets so this one will be my tester. I do want to finish it so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Your info on using a solid color under it was just what I was looking for. I had heard the paint is VERY thin so a close color underneath sounds like the way to go.Thanks again!