Model Cars Magazine Forum

Engine thread

Quick count revealed a potential of over 150 engines. No word from the admins yet as to where I should put it (them). Since there is a mixture (cars, race, trucks, aircraft) I tend to lean towards the General forum. And I think splitting them like this should work:

• Ford-GM-Chrysler
  • Orphaned makes/Independents/European
  • Trucks/Racers/Aircraft.

4 hours ago, landman said:

Quick count revealed a potential of over 150 engines. No word from the admins yet as to where I should put it (them). Since there is a mixture (cars, race, trucks, aircraft) I tend to lean towards the General forum. And I think splitting them like this should work:

• Ford-GM-Chrysler
  • Orphaned makes/Independents/European
  • Trucks/Racers/Aircraft.

My vote would be to have everything in one thread.  I would bet that one  or two of the separate threads would fall off of the first or second page and someone would post an engine in the "wrong" thread not realizing there was more than one. Then everything would be mixed together anyway. IMO, better to start off with them all together.

As to where to put it, I would suggest  in "All The Rest". That is the other downfall of having three separate threads. The mods would likely want the car engines in the car section the truck engines in the truck section and the other engines such as aircraft in all the rest anyway.

Just my 2 cents on the subject. But as far as the basic idea of an engine only thread I think it's a cool idea. I love building and detailing engines. It's bodywork and paint work that I have trouble with.

16 minutes ago, Toner283 said:

My vote would be to have everything in one thread.  I would bet that one  or two of the separate threads would fall off of the first or second page and someone would post an engine in the "wrong" thread not realizing there was more than one. Then everything would be mixed together anyway. IMO, better to start off with them all together.

As to where to put it, I would suggest  in "All The Rest". That is the other downfall of having three separate threads. The mods would likely want the car engines in the car section the truck engines in the truck section and the other engines such as aircraft in all the rest anyway.

Just my 2 cents on the subject. But as far as the basic idea of an engine only thread I think it's a cool idea. I love building and detailing engines. It's bodywork and paint work that I have trouble with.

Hi Chris, There already is an engine thread for everyone to post in, it is called Show us your engines and is located in the car under glass section. These ones I am talking about here would be for mine.

3 hours ago, landman said:

Hi Chris, There already is an engine thread for everyone to post in, it is called Show us your engines and is located in the car under glass section. These ones I am talking about here would be for mine.

Why not post your engines along with everybody else's that same topic, instead of having three new topics, all in General Discussion. :blink:

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

Why not post your engines along with everybody else's that same topic, instead of having three new topics, all in General Discussion. :blink:

I was hoping to showcase my engine collection by itself. That is the main reason.

4 hours ago, landman said:

Ok. I misunderstood. I am still of the same opinion though. You should start one thread with your engines in it rather than scattering them between a few threads. And in that case, if it were me, I would start it in the automotive under glass section.

For the other engines thread you provided the link to there is some nice stuff in there. I will have to gradually go through that whole thread and look at them all. Hopefully not too many of the photos were victims of the Photobucket debacle.

20 hours ago, Toner283 said:

You should start one thread with your engines in it rather than scattering them between a few threads. And in that case, if it were me, I would start it in the automotive under glass section.

Please, Chris, stop using common sense and following the existing forum sections as they are set up. Can you imagine the neatness and organization if everyone did as you suggest!??? -_-

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Please, Chris, stop using common sense and following the existing forum sections as they are set up. Can you imagine the neatness and organization if everyone did as you suggest!??? -_-

Lol. Sorry about that, I will try to keep it under control. Sounds kind of like the unofficial motto for the factory where I work. "We Don't Make Sense, We Make Car Parts".