Model Cars Magazine Forum

Progress photos

%E2%80%AAC%3A%5CUsers%5CRobert%5CBob%5C0%E2%80%AAC%3A%5CUsers%5CRobert%5CBob%5C0%E2%80%AAC%3A%5CUsers%5CRobert%5CBob%5C0%E2%80%AAC%3A%5CUsers%5CRobert%5CBob%5C0%E2%80%AAC%3A%5CUsers%5CRobert%5CBob%5C0I finally got to my LHS but they didn't have the kit I was looking for. Prices online were

too high and shipping charge was outrageous so I settled on a Mack DM600.My father

never owned one but it's the thought and idea that counts.

The photos show a progression of the build. Starting with frame and rear axle construction

to  truck bed and frame with bed installed.

Bob

000_0004.JPG

000_0007.JPG

000_0008.JPG

000_0011.JPG

Thanks for the comment.  My father's trucks  were all red so I guess that's where I'll

start.  Not sure if I'll apply any decals if I can find a source  for them or perhaps some

stripping. One thing I'll need to do is either find out how to make my own decals or

find someone that would make then for me. I need custom decals for the doors.

Thanks again

Bob

Gator,Thanks for the reply and comment. What you see amounts to almost 6 packs of wood. It took a couple of

hours to do the deck. The wood is cut into two different lengths so I could alternate the rows.

You should try doing this in 1\87 scale, doing trucks was fun.

Bob