Model Cars Magazine Forum

KW K100 Aerodyne dash photos needed

I have started to scratch build a replacement dash for the K100 Aerodyne kits but I'm in need of photos, especially need to know how the front of the dash looks where the dash meets the windscreen. 

Thanks in advance. 

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

Edited by Yahshu

41 minutes ago, Force said:

How many do you need? 

Zero now, silly thing is, I also have those photos & I've manage to miss the last pic you have posted which is what I've been looking for, don't I feel dumb. 

Thank you very much. 

On 2019-07-15 at 1:37 PM, Yahshu said:

Zero now, silly thing is, I also have those photos & I've manage to miss the last pic you have posted which is what I've been looking for, don't I feel dumb. 

Thank you very much. 

You are welcome...I found them on a KW K100 facebook group when I did research on the K100 and especially the Aerodyne some time ago...I don't have a facebook account but the group is public so I could see them anyway.
As I said, I had plans to do a correct Aerodyne dash myself and these pictures were for that purpose, but you got ahead of me there.
I don't understand why someone on the aftermarket haven't done this dash before as none of the K100 Aerodyne kits made by AMT or Revell have the correct dash,  all K100 Aerodynes had it from the beginning in 1976, later all K100 got this dash.
Do you have any plans to send it off to Auslowe or anyone else to have it casted?
I'm sure many including me want to have a correct dash for their Aerodyne kits.

Edited by Force

On 16/07/2019 at 5:20 AM, Force said:
12 hours ago, DrKerry said:

That is the plan, CharlieBravo & I are both doing a BJ & the Bear rig so both of us are in need also. 

As you can see from my pics, I had a friend do up the gauge clusters on cad, I just need to get the instrument panel done & now that I know there's nothing major on the front of the dash I can get it finished. 

Jan from CTM was asked if he could do up a set but he stated he wasn't prepared to do one as there would be a resin dash needed. Hey I'm doing a dash, hmmmmmm. 

I'll keep you posted. 

11 hours ago, Yahshu said:

That is the plan, CharlieBravo & I are both doing a BJ & the Bear rig so both of us are in need also. 

As you can see from my pics, I had a friend do up the gauge clusters on cad, I just need to get the instrument panel done & now that I know there's nothing major on the front of the dash I can get it finished. 

Jan from CTM was asked if he could do up a set but he stated he wasn't prepared to do one as there would be a resin dash needed. Hey I'm doing a dash, hmmmmmm. 

I'll keep you posted. 

Can't wait!! I'm doing the Bear rig as well... Well, getting started on it anyway. I've been talking with CharlieBravo (Chris) and seeing what he's doing with his to get ideas of the road ahead on mine!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/07/2019 at 9:25 AM, DrKerry said:
On 18/07/2019 at 1:56 AM, Force said:
On 27/07/2019 at 6:42 AM, CRUSADER2 said:

A teaser 

Got to get hold of my friend to cad the rest of the panels, they'll be glued to aluminium plate & cut & drilled. Just got a whole bunch of "O's" from scale productions to do the instrument bezels. Then it's a case of cutting up CTM's panels to get the need switches & such for the rest of the panels. 

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

Edited by Yahshu

On 10/08/2019 at 4:05 AM, Force said:

On 11/08/2019 at 1:03 AM, DrKerry said:

Just had the panels cad designed, next glue them onto some aluminium sheet then onto cutting up a couple of CTM instrument panels for the switches, ignition switch, etc, this is where it gets expensive, hopefully Jan will contact me be I start cutting & hacking & tell me that he's going to go ahead & make the needed panels. 

DSC_0009.JPG

3 hours ago, Yahshu said:

Just had the panels cad designed, next glue them onto some aluminium sheet then onto cutting up a couple of CTM instrument panels for the switches, ignition switch, etc, this is where it gets expensive, hopefully Jan will contact me be I start cutting & hacking & tell me that he's going to go ahead & make the needed panels. 

DSC_0009.JPG

WOW, looks good so far. Hopefully you hear back soon!!

• 2 weeks later...

Started on the instrument panels, really wish Jan would come to the party on this, still awaiting word. There's still some refining to do with the dash & the instrument holes need to be enlarged a bit more. 

DSC_0030.JPG

Edited by Yahshu

• 3 weeks later...