Model Cars Magazine Forum

Interior side panels for Hasegawa BMW 2002

6 hours ago, stitchdup said:

I have their golf wagon and I'm building it now. The quality is top notch, you wont be disappointed

I ordered a set this afternoon when I got home, $28 with the shipping to the U.K., They do a complete engine and engine bay which cost $50 plus shipping, but it was the lack of details in the interior that disappointed me.

Those look great and am glad USCP decided to do them.  Its kinda sad though that a kit from a major mfg like Hasegawa needed something like this.  Lack of a complete engine bay is bad enough but to be missing that much in the interior makes you wonder.  Not like that kit was a cheap snapper and they've done three different releases from the same basic tooling (so far).

17 minutes ago, djflyer said:

Those look great and am glad USCP decided to do them.  Its kinda sad though that a kit from a major mfg like Hasegawa needed something like this.  Lack of a complete engine bay is bad enough but to be missing that much in the interior makes you wonder.  Not like that kit was a cheap snapper and they've done three different releases from the same basic tooling (so far).

I've got a couple of Hasegawa Honda N360's, and there exactly the same, again not a cheap kit, luckily i got all of them sent over from a friend in Japan,so didn't cost me that much, but a company like Hasegawa really should hang their head in shame.

12 hours ago, GeeBee said:

I've got a couple of Hasegawa Honda N360's, and there exactly the same, again not a cheap kit, luckily i got all of them sent over from a friend in Japan,so didn't cost me that much, but a company like Hasegawa really should hang their head in shame.

They stopped doing the engraved bathtub interior and provided proper door panels starting with the Galant coupe and R31 Skyline.

I guess engraved interior would have been great if it were their bread and butter 1/48 and 1/72 jet fighter kits.  But at least they realized it is a bad idea for 1/24 car kits and changed it.