Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thanx Don! And thanx for the link also! Judging by the position of the rear side marker and no marker on the front fender lip, that one is a '68. I know the instructions state '70. I wonder if it has the marker on the hood? I couldn't see to tell what kind of top it has if any. It's cool to see that MPC did actually update the body after the first run. I'd love to have the bush grille and bumper.

Roger,

The only thing on the hood are the hold down hooks and the chrome "Jeepster" badges right behind them.   No marker lights.   And the Safari Wagons come with no tops at all.  Looks like this one was purchased so link will probably go dead soon.

I may have an extra bush grill.   Bumper may only have one.   I'll check and see what I have.

Edited by drifterdon

19 hours ago, drifterdon said:

Roger,

The only thing on the hood are the hold down hooks and the chrome "Jeepster" badges right behind them.   No marker lights.   And the Safari Wagons come with no tops at all.  Looks like this one was purchased so link will probably go dead soon.

I may have an extra bush grill.   Bumper may only have one.   I'll check and see what I have.

Thanx Don! No need to check. I actually bought that kit. That's the first one I've seen that was 100% complete right down to the decals. When I build it, I'll add the markers to the hood and separate the hood latches from the badges. I think I'll use the bush grille, front bumper (without the roller) and roll cage on this model.

22 hours ago, Plowboy said:

Thanx Don! No need to check. I actually bought that kit. That's the first one I've seen that was 100% complete right down to the decals. When I build it, I'll add the markers to the hood and separate the hood latches from the badges. I think I'll use the bush grille, front bumper (without the roller) and roll cage on this model.

Way cool Roger.   Best of luck on this new build.  

On 11/13/2019 at 3:43 PM, drifterdon said:

The only thing on the hood are the hold down hooks and the chrome "Jeepster" badges right behind them.   No marker lights.   And the Safari Wagons come with no tops at all. 

23 hours ago, Plowboy said:

When I build it, I'll add the markers to the hood and separate the hood latches from the badges. 

I just checked my 1969 kit and it follows along with the above statements.  I even checked the decal sheet to see if marker lights were there, but nope.  No big deal to add small rectangles of thin Evergreen to the proper locations, or if you're not too picky you can just cut the rectangles out of red and yellow decal stock. The below Jeepster is said to be a 1969.

image.png.4fba5acb399c554ebc585b47e1994ccd.png