Model Cars Magazine Forum

2010 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee

mrmike

Thanks David and Atin!

On 12/31/2019 at 10:19 AM, espo said:

That's good to know. I enjoy both your builds and the stories. I since a pent up writer in there somewhere.  

David, you might be right.  Writing is something I enjoy doing, but my stories are always on the short side.  Probably comes from watching too much TV and my stories are read in an hour like watching a TV show.  

The Story

The following morning, McNally drives out to Whelton and he stops at the Police Station now manned by the Massachusetts State Police.  After talking with the Staties, he crosses the street and goes over to the Whelton Diner for some lunch and he was lucky enough to get the same booth he had the last time he was there.  He places his order with the waitress and he stares out the window at the town square and then he focuses his eyes on the kitchen door with a diamond shaped 10X10 inch window.  A face in the window is watching him while he drinks his coffee and waits for his lunch.  HJis lunch arrives and the face disappears from the window.

He finishes his lunch, pays his bill and leaves a good tip for the waitress.  He leaves the diner and goes back to the Police Station while a man darts out the back door of the Diner and gets into a 2012 Ford Crown Victoria ex-Police Car and drives out towards the old Dundy homestead.  A 2019 Dodge Charger SXT follows the Crown vic from a distance watching where the Crown Vic is going.  The Crown Vic pulls into the Dundy Farm and stops in front of the old farmhouse and the driver gets out of the car and he takes an AR-15 out from the back seat, loads it and walks towards the house.  The 2019 dodge Charger stops at the stone wall away from the framhouse and two men get out of the car dressed in dark green fatigues with an AR-15 and they quietly approach the farmhouse.

The Build

I clearcoated the Charger this morning with Model Master Ultra Gloss Clear.  This is two mist coats and two wet coats of gloss clear.

McNally will return...

SRT8SB52.JPG

SRT8SB53.JPG

SRT8SB54.JPG

I have this part on the sprue without any number tag and I had wondered what it was or where it went.  The part number for the inlet on the hood is no. 184, but it is not listed on the part sprue.  I had concluded that it went to the Super Bee hood and was the air inlet.  This instruction sheet and part sprues is totally messed up!  

Well, I found part #184!  I had thought that the part was a solid color plastic part, but it turns out that part #184 is a clear part.  Now I know this kit has been compromised!

SRT8SB35.JPG

The Story

The two men work their way across the field towards the farmhouse and the other man walks in and he searches the rooms in the house.  One man goes in the front and one goes through the back door and they surround the man inside and he lays down his weapon on the floor.  The two men identify themselves as Massachusetts State Police and McNally, Boston PI.  The lone gunman is identified at Chief Hodgins, the missing Police Chief when the Mass. Staties to over the Police Department.  He is arrested and brought back to the Police Station to be held for arraignment and trial.

The Chief didn't want a private investigator snooping around town and he had tried to kill McNally.  Paul Dundy had hired McNally to find any other inheritors to his family estate and the only other person was a cousin living in Utah.  That person was killed by an assassin shortly after McNally had concluded his investigation and Utah State Police had caught and killed that assassin when he tried to escape capture.  The two remaining Whelton Police officers who were cleared of any wrong doing vowed to help rebuild the Whelton Police Department into a respectable Police Department.  McNally had finally found all the facts he needed for his report.

The Judge who had fined McNally for refusing to answer his question was arrested by the Massachusetts State Police and disbarred from any law practice.  He was taking bribes and unfairly increasing fines in court.  The complaints had warrented an investigation by the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Mass Staties. McNally might get a refund on his fine.

The Build

I have finished my 2010 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee and it is posted in Under Glass.  I would like to thank all those who have taken the time to view and to comment on my WIP.

Edited by mrmike