Model Cars Magazine Forum

RUF CTR "Yellowbird"

afx

On 3/9/2021 at 9:26 AM, afx said:

Thank you Simon.  Fujimi has issued several of their Porsche 911 kits as curbsides with the bottom half of the engine molded in-place.  I like to use those chassis, suspension and interior tubs to simplify the build process and add the detailed EM (Enthusiast) kit parts to them.  This thread will give you an idea which kit where issued as curbside kits.

https://race-car-models.proboards.com/thread/1173/fujimi-enthusiast-kits

Thanks a lot my friend for your fast answer to my question. I think that I will do is, since I want to have a whole engine and include the axles adn not the rod that connects the wheels, will be to make a mold from either the Fujimi flatnose or the Tamiya 1988  911 Turbo and shave that bottom part and subtitute it with casted parts. Let see how it turns out. Actually, at present time I'm building the Historics Racing Miniatures 914/6 you designed and helped me to get one. In that one, I cut that part and substitued the oil returning tubes with Hobby Design stainless steel tubing. Here are a couple of pictures of what I did.

What measure of plastic tubing you used for the roll bar and the engine parts?

20210309_143401-1.jpg

20210309_143422-1.jpg

Edited by simonr

7 hours ago, simonr said:

Thanks a lot my friendd for your fast answer to my question. I think that I will do is, since I want to have a whole engine and include the axles adn not the rod that connects the wheels, will be to make a mold from either the Fujimi flatnose or the Tamiya 1988  911 Turbo and shave that bottom part and subtitute it with casted parts. Let see how it turns out. Actually, at present time I'm building the Historics Racing Miniatures 914/6 you designed and helped me to get one. In that one, I cut that part and substitued the oil returning tubes with Hobby Design stainless steel tubing. Here are a couple of pictures of what I did.

What measure of plastic tubing you used for the roll bar and the engine parts?

Your 914/6GT builds look good - hope you share it with me when it is finished. 

I use 1.6 mm solid rod not tubing for the roll cage. I used 2.5 mm solder for the turbo piping as it was easy to bend.

222 - .062" (1.6mm) OD WHITE POLYSTYRENE ROD - Evergreen Scale Models

Edited by afx

10 hours ago, afx said:

I use 1.6 mm solid rod not tubing for the roll cage. I used 2.5 mm solder for the turbo piping as it was easy to bend.

OK my friend. Thanks so much for the info. Let's see when I finish model to share some pictures with you.

Simón

19 hours ago, afx said:

Check your message box, I sent some pictures of the 914/6.