Model Cars Magazine Forum

'51 Ford F1 Conversion ?

Thought I saw someone offering a '51 conversion for Revell's '50 F1 kit a while back in SA's truck column, but I can't recall who made it.

I want to do some of the 1:1 pick-up's my Grandad has (or has had) while he's still around, really wanted to do the '55 F100 he and my uncle are working on now, but the Revell '55 is such a beast, I could use an AMT '53, but I'd rather build the super-nice Revell '50, but he never had a '48-'50 Ford(though there is a '49 in his junkyard). He's got a '51 that's next in line for a restoration, plus I love the looks of the '51 so much.

Thanks, those parts would help, but there's more to a '51 than just the grille and dash, the hood trim is different, as is the front end/grille opening , it's closer to the '53-'56 . I think these would make good custom parts for a '53-'56 , but it's not a full conversion. I'm sure these are what i saw in SA, but the wording "conversion for '50" made me think there was more to it.

Right now I'm leaning towards a 1/18 scale Welly die-cast '51 re-paint. I'd rather stick to 24/25th scale plastic, but my grandad has more die-casts than plastic built-ups anyway.

Thanks, those parts would help, but there's more to a '51 than just the grille and dash, the hood trim is different, as is the front end/grille opening , it's closer to the '53-'56 . I think these would make good custom parts for a '53-'56 , but it's not a full conversion. I'm sure these are what i saw in SA, but the wording "conversion for '50" made me think there was more to it.

Right now I'm leaning towards a 1/18 scale Welly die-cast '51 re-paint. I'd rather stick to 24/25th scale plastic, but my grandad has more die-casts than plastic built-ups anyway.

Brett,

As Aaron mentioned in his post above, I offer the parts that you're looking for. As far as I know I'm the only game in town for these. What I offer are the grille and dash parts. Everything else can be done from the basic kit. The August/September 2007 issue of Model Cars Mag has the info on doing this conversion. I can also provide you some additional details. It's really not that difficult a conversion. Just take it one step at a time.

Let me know if I can help with anything. I can be contacted at kitchen_table_resins@yahoo.com

Ken