Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Tumbler is completed now and I'm working on the final photos but before I wrap up this thread there is one more building detail I'd like to share.

When placing the left and right inner airfoil brackets, I was unable to find a way to put them in their proper locations without removing the left and right Upper Body Panels, parts 8 and 9 in the directions.

Tumbler_37.thumb.jpg.bb8c9827cc32d9dcf159bc3da833e018.jpg

Luckily, I had glued them in place with PVA so their removal was not too difficult.

Tumbler_38.thumb.jpg.a323e55c0e4254729a3045985e8dfeba.jpg

You can see how the right angle on the forward foot of the bracket tucks under the upper body panel. I was unable to work this bit under the panel without removing it. That certainly may be a result of my assembly work or an element of the engineering of the kit. Either way, if I had used CA to glue the upper body panels in place, I would have had to trim the angle on the bracket's foot in order to get it into the proper location. 

Thanks again to everyone who offered comments and advice. I do appreciate your support.

David G.

• David G. changed the title to Tumbler Batmobile: WIP