Model Cars Magazine Forum

Has anyone been following his YouTube channel?

he has had his hands on many interesting car designs and gives great perspective 

of other designers work and has brought forth many innovative ideas.

Check out his channel, he has some interesting things to say  about design and 

how the manufacturing processes plays into final outcome.

I will try to add a link when I get back to my desk.

it's an easy google search.

The so-called 'New Mini' isn't so much a design as a cross between a rip-off and a practical joke that seems to still be fooling a lot of people. I still wonder what BMW were thinking of. Just my opinion.☺️

Sorry this was a bit of a knee-jerk reaction of mine, I know it is a good car underneath the skin and many people like them.

Edited by DonW

On 9/27/2020 at 6:52 AM, DonW said:

The so-called 'New Mini' isn't so much a design as a cross between a rip-off and a practical joke that seems to still be fooling a lot of people. I still wonder what BMW were thinking of. Just my opinion.☺️

Sorry this was a bit of a knee-jerk reaction of mine, I know it is a good car underneath the skin and many people like them.

Understood, these types of updated or reimagined automobile designs always divide us enthusiasts.

i do like the "new Mini" as you call it, but the most interesting thing to me is how Frank talks about the 

process of designing and the decisions/compromises that will eventually  end up on showrooms.

The BMW Mini is just one example of his work. He may not be your favorite designer, but it's always interesting 

to hear the thought processes and maybe understand the whole of the work that goes into these endeavors.

there are more examples on his channel, as well as some interesting critiques of other designers work.

Its not my point to convince you to agree with his "Mini" design, but to add some insight into the people 

who create the cars that may or may not become memorable in the future. Or in your driveway ?

10 hours ago, STYRENE-SURFER said:

Understood, these types of updated or reimagined automobile designs always divide us enthusiasts.

i do like the "new Mini" as you call it, but the most interesting thing to me is how Frank talks about the 

process of designing and the decisions/compromises that will eventually  end up on showrooms.

The BMW Mini is just one example of his work. He may not be your favorite designer, but it's always interesting 

to hear the thought processes and maybe understand the whole of the work that goes into these endeavors.

there are more examples on his channel, as well as some interesting critiques of other designers work.

Its not my point to convince you to agree with his "Mini" design, but to add some insight into the people 

who create the cars that may or may not become memorable in the future. Or in your driveway ?

Thanks Kurt

I do appreciate your aim is to share something of interest re the design process, and I did watch the clip, it was very interesting even if I don't like the outcome.

At least I know more about how it came to be.

Cheers,

-Don.