Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya mokei M48 A-2 general patton 1964

BallisticMsl

Here's all I can find. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/tamiya-mt106-m48a-2-patton--1112234

It's worth whatever someone would pay for it. Tamiya has some of its older kits still available at very reasonable prices--I picked one up recently at HL for what I consider a CHEAP price for a Tamiya kit.  Might have been the M41 Walker Bulldog. 

Also see below. I think it's the same kit, still available.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1313&_nkw=Tamiya+M48&_sacat=0

Edited by Snake45

To the Hardcore Tamiya Collector, it may be worth Big Bucks.

To everybody else it is 56 year old trash. If you manage to find that Tamiya Collector, it will work out for you. If you can't hookup with "That Guy", then it is basically a "Shelf of Doom" kit, and will squat in your stash until you give up on it.

List it on the 'Bay, and Good Luck. I sincerely hope you find the buyer who's willing to pay a Collector Price for it.

Edited by alexis

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

It's worth whatever someone would pay for it. Tamiya has some of its older kits still available at very reasonable prices--I picked one up recently at HL for what I consider a CHEAP price for a Tamiya kit.  Might have been the M41 Walker Bulldog. 

Probably the M41.  The 3 Hobby Lobbys in my area always have that kit in stock, and a couple more old Tamiya kits.  They also have the much newer Tamiya M4A3E8 "Easy Eight European Theater" Sherman tank.  That one has a full retail/HL price of $49.99.  

Tamiya did a lot of its old military kits in the weird 1/21 scale and those often go for big bucks on eBay.  Around the same time its competition, Bandai, did some German armor kits in even bigger 1/15 scale:  a Tiger I, Panzer IV and Sturmgeschutz IV, and a Hummel 150mm self-propelled gun.  

3 hours ago, BallisticMsl said:

I found one and the guy wanted 65$ it has the motor but the box is a little trashed. I didn’t want to get it to resell but didn’t want to get beat on it. It’s been along time since I tried to look up something on the web and not found much. 

If you want to get one to build, looks like a current version of it is available for about half that (almost certainly no motor). If you just love the box and want the motor, only you can decide if it's worth $65 to YOU. 

BTW, you might or might not know that Monogram (now Revell) has a 1/32 scale M48 also for less than half that price, and Hobby Lobby usually has it, which means you can get if for 40% off.