Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin Mack CL 700

Very nice. I managed to find one a few years back. I’d have to dig it out to compare, but it might be the same resin kit you have there with the side skirts and tall sleeper. 

On a side note, I remember doing a bit of research and reading somewhere that Mack never made a factory CL 700 with a sleeper - but I wasn’t able to confirm this from any other source or online photos. Anyone know for sure?

9 hours ago, vincen47 said:

Very nice. I managed to find one a few years back. I’d have to dig it out to compare, but it might be the same resin kit you have there with the side skirts and tall sleeper. 

On a side note, I remember doing a bit of research and reading somewhere that Mack never made a factory CL 700 with a sleeper - but I wasn’t able to confirm this from any other source or online photos. Anyone know for sure?

That's ok with me I like the looks of this one !

ml700.jpg

101177349_2734211756798188_6442115193521569792_o (1).jpg

mac0p.jpg

Beautiful rigs you have there. That’s similar to the look I was going for when I get around to building mine. The CL series certainly had many options, including sleepers, but what I read was that the heavier-spec 700’s were more for vocational, heavy-haul, and construction, and the slightly lighter spec’d CL 600’s, like the CH series, were mostly for over-the-road use, with the 613 model being the most popular. That’s were I had read about the daycab 700’s. But, like most manufactures, I’m sure the customer could spec the truck the way they desired. Besides, I think the CL 6xx and 7xx pretty much looked the same from the outside, with the same cab, hood, etc. 

Edited by vincen47

1 hour ago, vincen47 said:

Beautiful rigs you have there. That’s similar to the look I was going for when I get around to building mine. The CL series certainly had many options, including sleepers, but what I read was that the heavier-spec 700’s were more for vocational, heavy-haul, and construction, and the slightly lighter spec’d CL 600’s, like the CH series, were mostly for over-the-road use, with the 613 model being the most popular. That’s were I had read about the daycab 700’s. But, like most manufactures, I’m sure the customer could spec the truck the way they desired. Besides, I think the CL 6xx and 7xx pretty much looked the same from the outside, with the same cab, hood, etc. 

I would agree with you !

• 2 months later...