Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does anyone make a 1948 International truck cab?

I got an old book called “ Rolling Homes” that has home made RVs. Several started as 1948 International big rigs or lwb trucks. Does anybody make a resin cab? Are there any 1/16 resin cabs from that era? 

thanks. Lee

IHC truck models come in a variety of scales.  Back when the trucks were new PMC produced  KB1 promos in glorious warpy acetate plastic.  Scaling might be larger than 1:24.

There were diecasts in 1:43 (Ertl) and 1:34 (First Gear).  In 1:16 you have a diecast range of K-5s under the name of Toy Trucker & Contractor from the early 2000's.  There also seems to be limited production diecast toys under the name Brunswick Toys that seem similar to the classic Smith Miller range in simplified style.  These appear to have been made in the mid '90s according to some auctions I've come across, and along with the discontinued Toy Trucker & Contractor models I mentioned, won't come cheap.

For fun, here's a "Chinese knock-off", so to speak, of a Russian copy of an IHC, the FAW JieFang army truck.  This is a 1:24 scale diecast of the Chinese equivalent to Russia's ZIS/ZIL truck series.  There still is a bit of IHC flavor to the hood and cab. 

https://www.vehiclediecast.com/diecast-faw-jiefang-ca10-truck-model-124-scale-army-green-p-151.html