Model Cars Magazine Forum

Iwata HP-C Plus airbrush issues

When I lift my finger off the trigger the air runs on. I have taken the air valve apart to make sure there was no paint inside but all looked good. The only thing I can think of is maybe the spring has weakened. I may take it apart again and see if I can stretch the spring a mm or 2 and see if that helps. Otherwise I may just get a new air valve. Can you guys think of anything else?

In the time that I found a diagram for the parts breakdown of the HP-C+, you solved the problem! LOL You did exactly what I would have suggested. Since the airvalve body is removable from the airbrush body, it makes it easier to totally disassemble, soak/clean the parts and reassemble with a little SuperLube applied.

High-performance-hp-c_-plus.jpg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bill Eh? said:

In the time that I found a diagram for the parts breakdown of the HP-C+, you solved the problem! LOL You did exactly what I would have suggested. Since the airvalve body is removable from the airbrush body, it makes it easier to totally disassemble, soak/clean the parts and reassemble with a little SuperLube applied.

High-performance-hp-c_-plus.jpg

Thanks Bill. It was that seal part 1-145-1 and the plunger 1-175-1 that I cleaned and lubed. I should probably replace the rubber part sooner than later. I think I have a pack of replacement parts in terms drawer.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, kruleworld said:

I find i have to lube that part a lot as well. Nice that you were able to fix it.

It's part of my regular maintenance now. I was living with it for a couple of months before I got serious about fixing it.