Model Cars Magazine Forum

For the Spring Bench

I remember Tonka toys though my parents could never afford them as presents 😪 but I remember Hoveringham and their Foden tippers. I Might have had that 8-wheeler in my toy fleet. I ended up working on the things for Tate and Lyle sugar refiners. We used to call those particular Fodens Mickey Mouse Fodens because the cab was the shape of his head (without the ears, of course). I'm sure your project will look great. 

Edited by Rockford

38 minutes ago, Rockford said:

I remember Tonka toys though my parents could never afford them as presents 😪 but I remember Hoveringham and their Foden tippers. I Might have had that 8-wheeler in my toy fleet. I ended up working on the things for Tate and Lyle sugar refiners. We used to call those particular Fodens Mickey Mouse Fodens because the cab was the shape of his head (without the ears, of course). I'm sure your project will look great. 

I love Trucks in the UK. Also loved 1960's/1970's Matchbox, Dinky, and Corgi diecast's as well. Also have an affinity to want to visit the UK as well. As I have part English in my blood it must be that I eventually visit. 

corgi-ford-holmes-wrecker-tow-truck.jpg

1973-matchbox-superkings-ford-lts_1_2b6e3e51054b0f52f7a2c634fbdf00e4.jpg

il_fullxfull.1984793655_8ng3.jpg

matchbox-regular-wheels-mb32b-2-leyland-bp-tanker.jpg