Model Cars Magazine Forum

1 hour ago, stavanzer said:

The CJ-7 has more legroom, if you are tall. I had a CJ-5 and it was a tight fit.

Your Colour choice is great! It looks very good.

Thank You. I’m $’10”, and think I’d be a lot more comfortable in a CJ-7 than a CJ-5. I like the looks of the CJ-7 more than the CH-5.

I'm 6'1" and I found the Shorter CJ-5 to be a squeeze. If I bought another CJ I'd get a '7 too. That extra few inches makes a difference.

I bought the '5 because it was believed to be a better Rock Crawler because of the shorter wheelbase, and that was something that was very important to me at that time. I'd prefer the greater comfort of the CJ-7 now, that I'm almost 60.

My advice. After you finish the Model, go buy a real one! More Fun (and expense) than a barrel of puppies! 30+ years after selling it, it is still my favorite car.

40 minutes ago, stavanzer said:

I'm 6'1" and I found the Shorter CJ-5 to be a squeeze. If I bought another CJ I'd get a '7 too. That extra few inches makes a difference.

I bought the '5 because it was believed to be a better Rock Crawler because of the shorter wheelbase, and that was something that was very important to me at that time. I'd prefer the greater comfort of the CJ-7 now, that I'm almost 60.

My advice. After you finish the Model, go buy a real one! More Fun (and expense) than a barrel of puppies! 30+ years after selling it, it is still my favorite car.

At some point, I’m going to get a CJ-7. I’m also going to do a model of another CJ-7, and build it as close to the way I’d want a real one. But that one won’t be lifted.