Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg 64 Dodge body accuracy

Nitrobarry

First, I was not a member on this forum when the above mentioned kit came out so I don`t know if this has been mentioned before but does anyone else besides myself think that the body dimensions are off on this kit? I`m speaking of the front end. It just doesn`t look right to me. Specifically, the front fender area. I compared the Lindberg kit to my Johan version and the Johan looks way closer to the real thing. Opinions?

Yes, general consensus is that the Lindberg body is pretty inaccurate.

When the Moebius '65 Belvedere came out, Tim Boyd did a comparison between it, the Lindberg '64 Dodge, and a Johan '63 Plymouth.  Of course, that focused really only on the greenhouse, since the lower body sheet metal is different between the Dodge and the Plymouths.

However, it was interesting to see just how "off" the Lindberg kit is in the roof and window shapes.  Wouldn't surprise me that the rest of the body is just as wack:

https://public.fotki.com/funman1712/first-look-at-all-n/new-moebius-65-plym-1/new-moebius-65-plym/

Edited by Robberbaron
Incorrect "Autocorrect"

7 hours ago, Robberbaron said:

Yes, general consensus is that the Lindberg body is pretty inaccurate.

When the Modulus '65 Belvedere came out, Tim Boyd did a comparison between it, the Lindberg '64 Dodge, and a Johan '63 Plymouth.  Of course, that focused really only on the greenhouse, since the lower body sheet metal is different between the Dodge and the Plymouths.

However, it was interesting to see just how "off" the Lindberg kit is in the roof and window shapes.  Wouldn't surprise me that the rest of the body is just as wack:

https://public.fotki.com/funman1712/first-look-at-all-n/new-moebius-65-plym-1/new-moebius-65-plym/

Robert, thanks for posting the link.  I must confess that I long ago forgot that I had posted this story....Cheers....TIM