Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Street Truck Community Build- Deadline December 31St At 12:00Am

Nick Winter

wow, eelco that looks really nice! but it sits to high for me to be a street truck! lol, just kiddin!

well i finally did a little work on mine! i got the "STOCK" interior together and ready for the 1/2 of the build! lol! after i get the rest of the truck built and together, then its time for some kuztomizing! lol! i know it looks plain now, but thats my point! bland now, radical later! lol!

i know there is no detail, but i am doing that on purpose! so bare with me!

100_1309.jpg

100_1311.jpg

and the front chassis/susp. is glued together!

100_1315.jpg

100_1317.jpg

thanx for lookin'!

B-rad

Dukefan, When is the due date?

B-Dub,I know where your coming from. Unfortunately if you don't hang around those who know you won't learn build how you build and have fun. I don't have the experience or skills of most here either. I enjoy it and want to learn so I post what I accomplish no matter my results. Build on!

wow, eelco that looks really nice! but it sits to high for me to be a street truck! lol, just kiddin!

well i finally did a little work on mine! i got the "STOCK" interior together and ready for the 1/2 of the build! lol! after i get the rest of the truck built and together, then its time for some kuztomizing! lol! i know it looks plain now, but thats my point! bland now, radical later! lol!

i know there is no detail, but i am doing that on purpose! so bare with me!

100_1309.jpg

100_1311.jpg

and the front chassis/susp. is glued together!

100_1315.jpg

100_1317.jpg

thanx for lookin'!

B-rad

Dang that's what I call plain Jane. Looks good though.

Riz that truck is really nice I love that color it's actually one of my favorites.

It also looks identical to the 55 chevy stepside I'm building woud yours happen to be an AMT? Mines dated 1995 so Idk which release it is

I've got both '55 chevy trucks from AMT/ ERTL my stepside is yellow on the box and says it was manufactured in 1995, and the cameo says it was manufactured in 1994

ok, did a little more!

i glued in the exhuast!

100_1321.jpg

and here is the engine with the y-pipe exhaust test fit!

100_1326.jpg

looks like a chevy extreme to me.

Dukefan, When is the due date?

B-Dub,I know where your coming from. Unfortunately if you don't hang around those who know you won't learn build how you build and have fun. I don't have the experience or skills of most here either. I enjoy it and want to learn so I post what I accomplish no matter my results. Build on!

Greg the due date is December 31st at 12:00am central time. Hey that's a great attitude I'm 13 but I try my hardest and build what I know how. Ask If you need a part or solution to a question because people always have one and/or a solution.

Dang that's what I call plain Jane. Looks good though.

I've got both '55 chevy trucks from AMT/ ERTL my stepside is yellow on the box and says it was manufactured in 1995, and the cameo says it was manufactured in 1994

YES! that's the kit! lol

I currently have the cab flat black but the more I look at the chrome parts the more they wont fit.. if it's a "project" truck.. why would they put all the chrome parts/trim on before the truck gets painted.. :)

Edited by B-dub

YES! that's the kit! lol

I currently have the cab flat black but the more I look at the chrome parts the more they wont fit.. if it's a "project" truck.. why would they put all the chrome parts/trim on before the truck gets painted.. :)

I thought it was. Have you scraped or sanded the paint in side the area's were the chrome goes. or file/ sand the chrome around the edges.

sorry I should have been more clear. I was meaning they wouldn't fit the look of the truck. Since I was saying it's a "project" truck (since I was painting it flat black) I was saying it wouldn't look right with the chrome on it (pretend it's 1:1 why would you go through all the work of putting chrome trim and parts on to just tear it all down and paint it)

the rear end sits so high because i couldnt be bothered to tub it

i mean, look at that bed, its real wood stained to perfectly match the interior trim of my house

lodged in between styrene I beams covered in BMF

i thought it be a shame to cut that just to slam it :)

sorry I should have been more clear. I was meaning they wouldn't fit the look of the truck. Since I was saying it's a "project" truck (since I was painting it flat black) I was saying it wouldn't look right with the chrome on it (pretend it's 1:1 why would you go through all the work of putting chrome trim and parts on to just tear it all down and paint it)

Ahhh, got your drift now.

the rear end sits so high because i couldnt be bothered to tub it

i mean, look at that bed, its real wood stained to perfectly match the interior trim of my house

lodged in between styrene I beams covered in BMF

i thought it be a shame to cut that just to slam it :rolleyes:

I like it the way it is.

Did a little more unseen bodywork and put it in the booth for a gloss white basecoat .after the dehydrator inspection showed only a few poor spots to sand out before I shoot COLOR on it...you didn't think I would leave it white????? :rolleyes::rolleyes::blink: DIDJA?????

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

note the full rolled pan!!

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

Looks good Mike, What color are you painting it?

Thanks...It will be either a tu tone or tri tone, base will be champagne gold ;) ...still drawing up the other colors :rolleyes::rolleyes::blink:

The way I usually end up is how my masking works out....IF my fingers can follow my brain a KILLER tri tone will show up!

When my old hands don't work well a stunning tutone will follow!!! ;);)

Looks good Mike, What color are you painting it?

Champagne and Mica Red

sorta like this.....

IMG_1165.jpg

Hey Mike,

What are the seats from? I like the way they look in that interior tub.

RIZ

thanx...Revell Ferrari Superamerica

Edited by MikeMc

Hey guys, I was wondering If I could enter this. I am working on my international scout that I've have posted some mock up pics a few days ago. Just wondering, it would be great if I could.

Hi, I'd be the man you'd wanna see about this. Sure why not, I got no beef with International's.

Champagne and Mica Red

sorta like this.....

IMG_1165.jpg

thanx...Revell Ferrari Superamerica

###### you work fast.

ok thanks man, can you add me to the list and when is the dead line? I'll have some update pics up soon!

Your on the list. The dead line is December 31st 2009 at 12:00am central time.

B) Nah....but all my color and clear are shot in a 24 hr window...

3 coats linen white

dehydrate

tape off, 3 coats champagne

flash dry and unmask

dehydrate

re tape and shoot 3 coats Mica red

flash dry and unmask

shoot 4 coats clear

now it spent the night in the dehydrator(turned off) to keep me away

and I will put it in a big tub until final assy.

as I use lacquers this works well for me!!

Ok cool.