Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Street Truck Community Build- Deadline December 31St At 12:00Am

Nick Winter

Yeah that's what i meant. Noticed that twop so i used some jewlery chains. Ok well i chose some chrome reverse wheels and i built my rear torsion bar suspension.

also finished interior and firewall aswell as the front radiator support.

dodgestreettruck007.jpg

dodgestreettruck008.jpg

dodgestreettruck009.jpg

dodgestreettruck010.jpg

dodgestreettruck011.jpg

dodgestreettruck012.jpg

just forgot to tell everyone that I know it needs another coat of paint.

does it have to have performance parts on the motor or will a stock v-8 do? i think that i have a 99 silverado that needs an excuse to get out.

I would make an acception for a silverado.

there are lifted trucks built for street driving only, those that are more for show than any chance of ever actually going off-road. in the 80's this was a huge trend, not sure about these days.

i'd be all for a Ranchero, but i've got only one and it's mostly finished and a Falcon :o i do have a few El Camino's but i'm one of those that doesn't really think Ranchero's and El Camino's are "trucks" :P

Dave

Well Dave I count El Camino's as trucks so if you want to join just tell me.

So I wouldn't be able to enter with this because it has a four banger?

amt-2702.jpg

Lopw to the ground, performance engine or engine parts.

then take into consideration that he allows ford truck with a chevy bed on them

i would say slap a build flathead in that baby

or maybe a blown 427

You misunderstood what I was talking about.... I was talking about a '70s style pickup. Low in the front, and the back end sticks up in the air, with skinny tires in front, and fat tires in the rear. Like this....

IMG_2100.jpg

I'm saying this probably doesn't qualify.....

ok, to me, THIS QUALIFIES! this is a street truck! there is no way that can driven off road! B)

el camino eh? those are cars trying to be trucks! :) lol! i have a amt/ertl 1986 el camino ss!

Yes but there classified by the government up here as trucks.

then take into consideration that he allows ford truck with a chevy bed on them

i would say slap a build flathead in that baby

or maybe a blown 427

hell just hop up the engine with a custom air cleaner and a performance fan blade aswell as a performance header.

So I wouldn't be able to enter with this because it has a four banger?

amt-2702.jpg

No read my post above.

I like your deadline - let me know what year Nov. 31st appears!

Um..... excuse me for an error. While you sit up on your high horse.

Edited by Dukefan69'

I'll throw in with my 62 Uni if you want it. Only thing is I already started the build, it's a replica of my full size truck which is definitely street driven.

loweruni003.jpg

models007.jpg

your in.

You misunderstood what I was talking about.... I was talking about a '70s style pickup. Low in the front, and the back end sticks up in the air, with skinny tires in front, and fat tires in the rear. Like this....

IMG_2100.jpg

I'm saying this probably doesn't qualify.....

Nope I understood, don't think I just came home with the cow's, that would quilify.

ok, to me, THIS QUALIFIES! this is a street truck! there is no way that can driven off road! :)

Yep it does.

Did you meen Nov.30 or Dec. 1st.Theres only 30 days in September,April,June and November...

Yes, and who cares I made a small mistake.

good news guys

i just bought the kit i will be entering into this buildoff on ebay

i should have it in a week or so

that should be no where near plenty of time to finish off every thing i have on the bench before this :lol:

mine will be called....

wildcart

dukefan,

do you want me to open a seperate WIP thread once i get this going or do you want me to keep progress updates here ?

(personally i always like keeping everything in one place but this is your baby, not mine)

Hmmm.... I wasn't trying to make you angry. I was just stating that you said it had to be lowered all around, as in a lowrider.

I wasn't angry i was just stating that I relized that and I wasn't stupid because I'm young people automaticlly asume your and idiot just because your young i myself suprise even the oldest men when they ask me "what's your dream car little boy" and I say a 46' chevy truck with a 454 from a '70 monte carlo dropped in with a holly 4barl carb with a edlebrok intake and valve heads with Gm performance parts valve covers and aircleaner, not to mention a set of hooker long tube headers backed by a muncie 4spd transmmision and a quick change rear end.

good news guys

i just bought the kit i will be entering into this buildoff on ebay

i should have it in a week or so

that should be no where near plenty of time to finish off every thing i have on the bench before this :)

mine will be called....

wildcart

dukefan,

do you want me to open a seperate WIP thread once i get this going or do you want me to keep progress updates here ?

(personally i always like keeping everything in one place but this is your baby, not mine)

We'll run it here keep it all together. I'll add you right now to the participants list.

I'll throw in with my 62 Uni if you want it. Only thing is I already started the build, it's a replica of my full size truck which is definitely street driven.

loweruni003.jpg

models007.jpg

Where did you find this kit? I really really really want one!

Thanks a ton!

P.S. I am throwing around the idea of scratchbuilding/kitbashing an 09 Silverado...I am lost on the rules... would this count?

Where did you find this kit? I really really really want one!

Thanks a ton!

P.S. I am throwing around the idea of scratchbuilding/kitbashing an 09 Silverado...I am lost on the rules... would this count?

That would fit fine if you could finish it before the deadline, but if yu think you can't finish by november I'll extend the deadline to december 31'st 2009.

That would fit fine if you could finish it before the deadline, but if yu think you can't finish by november I'll extend the deadline to december 31'st 2009.

Do december 31st! hehe.

I have the Drift which is in October, then the Gone in 60 which is in November, and now this one should be December, giving three months of fun build offs for me. heheheh. I don't have much on my Gone: Porsche but my Drift: Skyline is very intricate, and my StRanger is very intricate so it would be appreciated.

got word from the people at my shipping adress (long story, well not really i guess, my and my wife moved about a bit the first few years of our marriage and we kinda suspected we would so we kept her parents adress as our shipping, there, guess it realyl wasnt that long of a story)

so the inlaws tell me the box containing my entry to this build (wildcart) has arrived

expect pictures later on tonight

got word from the people at my shipping adress (long story, well not really i guess, my and my wife moved about a bit the first few years of our marriage and we kinda suspected we would so we kept her parents adress as our shipping, there, guess it realyl wasnt that long of a story)

so the inlaws tell me the box containing my entry to this build (wildcart) has arrived

expect pictures later on tonight

Ok cool.