Model Cars Magazine Forum

My most recent Peterbilt, a twin-steer, tri-drive rotator wrecker.

BDTpic24.jpg

I combined the Revell of Germany Can-Do wrecker, the cab and sleeper from an Italeri Peterbilt 377 with the hood/bumper of an Italeri Peterbilt 378, some modifications, scratchbuilding, a couple of resin parts, parts-box parts and plenty of imagination for this Canadian wrecker.

BDTpic30.jpg

TwinSteerWrecker86.jpg

I widened the wrecker body to accommodate the wider 1/24th scale frame and axle track.

TwinSteerWrecker122edit.jpg

TwinSteerWrecker021edit.jpg

TwinSteerWrecker115edit.jpg

Additional photos and information are on my site at www.timstrucks.com/Progress.htm and Here.

Thanks for looking

Tim

TIMSBILT FACTORY made again an excellent truck. ;):D:lol:

What was that bee (see photos @ www.timstrucks.com) thinking about the last built of Tim, while siting on the hood? maybe to tow some flowers? he he.

Tim, I am impressed once again from your skills, not only on building models but also on your photography skills.

Can't wait your next!!!

Kostas.

Edited by Kostas

Those crazy bees kept buzzing both me and the model. It didn't matter where I set up, they buzzed. They loved the amber marker lights and it seems my red hair. Darned things.

The bee on the hood photo was purely by accident. The bee landed as I snapped the photo.

Imagine if the bee were in-scale at that size!

Tim

TIMSBILT FACTORY made again an excellent truck. ;):D:lol:

What was that bee (see photos @ www.timstrucks.com) thinking about the last built of Tim, while siting on the hood? maybe to tow some flowers? he he.

Tim, I am impressed once again from your skills, not only on building models but also on your photography skills.

Can't wait your next!!!

Kostas.

Wow Tim!! That wasp must be all of 2 feet long!! Talk about the effects of global warming. Interestingly here in Britain we have had plagues (Well maybe not plagues of them but lots of them) of wasps this year. Bit of a nuisance at times especially when your eating or drinking something sweet when outside.

As for the wrecker excellent build as usual.

Best Wishes

Dave

What a BEE-utiful build! I think there might also be a bee in flight just above the cab marker light in the last picture, if you haven't caught it already. (Zat a bee?) Anyway, this is a nice clean build, great work on melding all the components together. That twin steer is too cool! Dan

Edited by Southgate

• 2 weeks later...
Bare Metal Foil Decal Paper, Tim? Please enlighten me!

Bare Metal Foil offers water-slid decal paper for both ink jet and laser printers. They offer white and clear paper.

I have successfully made decals on both types of paper. (unsuccessfully too).

Once the decal is printed on the paper, I let the ink dry, then coat the artwork with Micromark Decal Film liquid. The decal film must

fully cure, then cut out the decal, dip in warm water and apply. I've found that the decal needs to be worked to keep the edges down.

I try not to use Solvaset on the homemade decals - I've had the decals crinkle.

Tim