Model Cars Magazine Forum

Snap 359-in Progress

I wanted to post an update, but this site isn't letting me copy and paste the img links from photobucket, Hopefully this works. I thought this was fixed, but it's become a problem again.

The trailer is nearly complete. Only minor details are left, The wheels are resin items bought off of ebay. 2 hole Budd wheels with separately cast hubs.

The tires are Revell AG Pete 359 tires from my spares box. The next few updates will be focused on the truck.

T100_4163.jpg

100_4167.jpgHere is a quick mock up.

Edited by SpreadAxle
It's not letting me copy and paste.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting much closer now. The engine is almost completely tied in to the truck. All that remains is finishing the tube from the air cleaner to the turbo, as well as radiator hoses.

100_4222.jpg

100_4197.jpg

The truck is once again striped. Modeltruckin.com item PB-115 is the set I used. Very nice stripes but not the easiest to use. If you use these, do the sleeper first. I made 2 changes to them. The outline is now silver instead of gold. Also, the center stripe is now clear to let the gray show through. Previously, it was red. I could've done a little better, but I'm happy overall.

100_4226.jpg

I stripped the Luberfiner and painted it to match the truck.it and the hood are just laying in place for now while I finish the air cleaner tube and run my last remaining lines. 

100_4229.jpg

The grille is Plano Model Products mesh(item 210 I think) fitted to the kit grille shell. 

100_4232.jpg

If all goes well, it will be finished soon.

• 3 weeks later...