Model Cars Magazine Forum

Decal Sponsor Question

coopdad

Gang, I am making up a decal set for a racer I am building and have become stuck on one "sticker". The sticker is for a sponsor, Premier with some tiny words underneath.

3c5378b9-1.jpg

I, for the life of me, can't find a close up photo of the real decal, a sponsor sheet that lists Premier, or anything about that brand. HELP! What does it say?

Thanks again,

John

John, I will try to help you out on this one. I have some reference books and I will check 'em out for you. What series is it from for starters?

From what I can tell most series right around 1970. NASCAR guys (I believe) often had this decal. The particular series I am building is NORRA/SCORE though, but don't try to look it up under that series.

Thanks in advance,

john

Here's the biggest color shot I've found. It was on a cover shot closeup of Petty's pit stop and looks like you could get away with just using the right amount of letters with the first in each group capitalized. Don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference in 1/25 scale.

Image1.jpg

Here's the biggest color shot I've found. It was on a cover shot closeup of Petty's pit stop and looks like you could get away with just using the right amount of letters with the first in each group capitalized. Don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference in 1/25 scale.

Image1.jpg

Thanks all!

Luke, you are right. I could probably get away with faking it but I am so anal that it would bug me every time I looked at the finished model. There WILL be other things that bug me about, I want to keep the ones I can control to a minimum.

Thanks again!

John

• 1 month later...