Model Cars Magazine Forum

Razberries And Lace Ii

Karmodeler2

Okay, My other post was labeled Lace and Razberries, but I thought it sounded nicer this way.

I shot the off white color (Tamiya Racing White) on the lower portion and have cleared the whole thing. Now in 4 weeks, I can buff it out. For those who did not see the first post, I shot HOK FBC gold, put lace on the model, then shot HOK Razberry on top of the lace.(I practiced on spoone first). I used a different lace for the surf boards, and edged them with the cream color.

In the first pic, I tried to get my camera to focus (FOCUS!!!!) on the guard that was on the light about 3 feet above the model, but it kept wanting to focus on the lace. The thin black line that runs from left to right across the light reflection(about 1/3 from the bottom of the light square) is part of the guard on the light. I was trying to show the smooth quality of the PPG clear, but my camera would not let me.

Hope you enjoy it.......if not, that's okay too.

David

P7281206.jpg

P7281210.jpg

P7281213.jpg

P7041195.jpg

P7281209.jpg

hey Dave...how 'bout posting some pics of your kick arse custom truck?? that is the saweetest thing i've seen in a long while...

B)

Hey Dick,

It has been on the MC show pics and I'm sure people are tired of looking at it, so here is a link to the build. I finished it in Nov of 08 and it's kind of made the circuit. I noticed you had an ACME sign in your living room, so if you are there next year, you might see it in person. I am bringing it, but not entering it, for display in the commercial class since that is one of the themes.

David

http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Karmodeler2/Singled%20Out/

08 huh, guesss it's been a little longer than i thought!! lol but, i've been riding instead of modeling since '05...took a break from the bench...

the Acme sign is in the basement...i ragged Downie a bunch about it!! lol held it for 'ransom'...

Edited by weasel