Model Cars Magazine Forum

What are the releases of the '53 ford truck and what's the diffrences between each.

I'm Curious to this, could anyone please help to answer this, could you also include a year of production/release and box art please.

You can do most of the legwork yourself via an Ebay search in the Automotive models category using "53 ford" as your search. It's a good place to get pics of the boxes, too. :angry:

You can do most of the legwork yourself via an Ebay search in the Automotive models category using "53 ford" as your search. It's a good place to get pics of the boxes, too. ;)

I know Casey but sometimes infact most of the time it's the 2000 release with the blue ford on the box

Are you asking how the AMT '53 Ford kit changed, how the MPC '53 Ford kit changed, or how both kits, compared to one another are different? :rolleyes:

Casey I'm trying to figure out what's happened since the day the 1963 trophy series kit was released, what decals have been in which kits, which parts were added or removed, and what releases there are for both.

I think you are still mixing something up.

The Flipnose is an old MPC kit, which is now sold under the AMT brand. The only thing it has in common with the 'real' AMT 53 Ford is the fact that it is a 53 Ford too. This is the only thing they have in common. They are otherwise neiter related, nor in-laws.

Now, apart from the colour it is molded in, the decals and the box art, the Flipnose has never changed. It never shod any parts, or picked any up.

The AMT one did the same until at least the Cruising USA issue.

For later releases, you will need to ask the younger modellers out there, since this is the latest release I ever owned.

Edited by Junkman

I think you are still mixing something up.

The Flipnose is an old MPC kit, which is now sold under the AMT brand. The only thing it has in common with the 'real' AMT 53 Ford is the fact that it is a 53 Ford too. This is the only thing they have in common. They are otherwise neiter related, nor in-laws.

Now, apart from the colour it is molded in, the decals and the box art, the Flipnose has never changed. It never shod any parts, or picked any up.

The AMT one did the same until at least the Cruising USA issue.

For later releases, you will need to ask the younger modellers out there, since this is the latest release I ever owned.

ok yes I know that for the 3rd time, But I think it may have changed around 1973 with that issue because if you look at the first box art it shows part that aren't shown ever again.

ok yes I know that for the 3rd time, But I think it may have changed around 1973 with that issue because if you look at the first box art it shows part that aren't shown ever again.

Only the wheels/wheel covers. Everything else did make it into 1973.