Model Cars Magazine Forum

Every one I build gets the Blue light special......just mewink.gif

I gotta ask why? I mean on a Hot Wheels or a full on custom, OK, but on something that is a believable model/streeter? I just don't get it. What am I missing? I've never seen blue lights, only blue dots, and not on headlights. Please elaborate.

I gotta ask why? I mean on a Hot Wheels or a full on custom, OK, but on something that is a believable model/streeter? I just don't get it. What am I missing? I've never seen blue lights, only blue dots, and not on headlights. Please elaborate.

A lot of modern HID lights are blue....as I stated its just ME......I like em and if you do not...I really don't care as I build for MEsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

and all it is is a plastic modelcool.gif And no wires, hoses or foil..just fun

Edited by MikeMc

A lot of modern HID lights are blue....as I stated its just ME......I like em and if you do not...I really don't care as I build for MEsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

and all it is is a plastic modelcool.gif And no wires, hoses or foil..just fun

Hey, I’m all about building for yourself, read my sig line…

But those HID lights are not blue. The have a blue cast when illuminated, but when off, pretty much the same as “regular†lights.

Thanks for the explanation. As long as you are happy with it that’s all that matters.

Yep your correct about the HIDs...

This build was a rainy weekend quickie to get building again..nothing fancy..playing with some paint and tape.

Just got some "NEW & IMPROVED " BMF so I may do this one..gotta check out the foil first.

Most all of my builds have a drop of clear blue in the bucket and I use future to install the lenses

and I flew through this one..cool.gif

You're really dating yourself with the "not Summers" comment, too. laugh.gif

I always think of the Sox & Martin cars when I see blue tinted headlamps, but to each their own. wink.gif

Thats cause I'm an old fart..........but you knew who too...........laugh.giftongue.gif