Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Lincoln Continental

polybius

Back in the early 90s I built this '65 Continental as the Prestige Series kit, and originally it was Testors rattle can metallic brown and painted silver faux chrome. After recently digging it out of storage, it was disassembled and stripped. The first refinish was in a Testors silver-blue and it turned out horribly. It was restripped and then finished in an automotive Hampstead Green Metallic with a few light clearcoats and a couple hours of color sanding followed by a 4-stage compound/polish process.

It's a world of difference from the original build nearly 20yrs ago, and getting close to completion. The exterior chrome is nearly complete, and interior details are being added.

More pics to come as it nears completion...

4491349640_30d48b975e.jpg

after polish, chrome details started

• 2 weeks later...

That ride reminds me sorely of a light metallic Blue Convertable I had to workon back in the early 1990's . That top gave me fits for a good month! I was on the phone with a guy in floridia who made parts for Lincon Convertables . had it not been for his help, , it would have never worked properly . Meanwhile the color and the finish seem top notch to me ....... Ed Shaver

thanks FordWagonNut!! Ed, I've been mesmorized by a video of a flawlessly working original top on a '65 that sold for $35K - the synchronization is amazing, and the one in the video even had the properly indexing windows when the doors opened - beautiful automobile! :-)