Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC cuda 73 .98% DONE . for now

mopar01lee

http://

hey yall thought i would post some pics of my new restore/custom project.. this started as a mpc prostreet cuda (yes the orange one) . i got it off ebay built but cheap an was a little ruff. so i started by stripping the car an tossin that frame in the parts box. to replace it with a sratch built one w/a workin 4 link an aluminum rear end from my boy at jb hobbies . the front end works also but not finished. its a pain. repainted the interior white /black .w/a 10 point cage that will be chrome. the body was stripped and and filled , sanded , an then paintede black an then 4 coats of clear. the rims are from me an jb-hobbies they are custom mopar cop wheels maid for me .. widend in the back. i workin on the bumper now to get rid of them big bumperetts.. its gonna get a HEMI just dont kw what stage i go .. well i hope you guys enjoy these pics an check my photobucket. thanks

(can i get help with these pics cant get them to show up)

heres my link

My link

Edited by mopar01lee

hey Mopar are you using the picture insertion tool at the top one button away from the smiley face ? click on that then put the direct link in the box and then click the insert image button. hope that helps you. :rolleyes: You also have to use the direct link option from Photobucket

Edited by Aftashox

parts3018.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-3.jpg

006-2.jpg

007-3.jpg

002-8.jpg

Looks cool so far! I'm honestly not a huge fan of mopar, but I've always loved Cudas. ...and Dusters too.

Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out!

p.s. you had one too many sets of %7Boption%7D tags

Edited by NJ-Wayne

do you have a web address for JB Hobbies I've heard about them before I'd like to see what they offer. And good job on that chassis i'll be watching this one :rolleyes:

ya no biggie , and he offers one offs you think it hell make it , to he awsome to deal with and fast ... hes done alot of custom work for me ...

hows everybody doin this fine day... well update this build is kickin my but its the first time ive done any tuff scratchin ,

ive done tub jobs,an so on. but for me to put my love of cars an my auto tech exp to work an do a full hand made frame with workin susp

for the first time on a model . i think its turned out just right .. heres some new pics of the cuda.

008-3.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

007-5.jpg

hey thanks guys i think its turin out good myself..

so here you guys go finaly after 3 weeks or longer got me som white HEMI bilboards

so here you guys go some good mock up pics for your enjoyment

still a lot of fabin ( headers , inner fenders, rear floor,oh ya the HEMI)..LOL

019-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hey people heres a little update. an sry its been slow as for i do not have a work bench a this time new home an smaller,will get a desk in my room soon,, oh ya an kids ..lol .so i only get a few hrs a week tyo build..

ok lets start with the frame got the tubs built an mated to the frame, gotta finish the rear an the floor and the frame is all done . put incerts in the aluminum axel for a metal rod . i was plannin on custom headers but the size of the plastic stip i used for the frame is a little bulky so im going to modifi a set from a revell kit . the motor is a amt GTX HEMI with a modified intake that has a top section off a johan pro stock tunnel ram with riser tube, valve covers have plug boots in , an got the motor plate on as well .

thanks to all that have commented .....

004-14.jpg

008-5.jpg

006-8.jpg011-3.jpg

hey yall got some more done lasnight .... so dont laugh now this is my first atempt at doin a dist myself ( i normaly buy pre wired but ive been laid off for 4 months now ) so i drilled 9 hole in to the cap glued purple wire in an added plug boots ,an on the valve covers... carbs jus there for mock up gotta finnish painting ....

thanks for lookin guys..

003-15.jpg

007-8.jpg

010-5.jpg

008-6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well heres the deal this thing is 98% done ... i cant finish it for a wile i need to get new thinner windows and an aluminum drive shaft , and gotta sand an paint the front bummper , an put light in,, other than that its done for now ... hand made coil, fule lines, distrib, frame an suspention, seat belts, roll cage, dash, tach an wire, bummpers , intake , motor plate , braided rad hose, firewall inner fenders an core suport are scratched an BMF , thats all i can think of at the moment that was modified or scratched built..

THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL THE GREAT COMMENTS ...... ;):blink::);):blink:

I WILL PUT THIS IN UNDER GLASS WHEN I TOTALY FINISH IT ..

013-2.jpg

012-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

017-2.jpg

018-2.jpg

• 2 years later...

Fantastic build Brother. I just stumbled across it in a Google search for MPC Cuda. I know I am coming in late but just wanted to comment anyhow. Man I need to get one of those versions of this Cuda. Had one years ago and loved building it in my late teens.(misty eyes!!!)-Mark

Wow.... this is old ..my first wip on the forum . LOL

Thanks man .. I have 3 more of this kit.. one as a Motown missile, one with bashes with a 06 magnum..an not shire on the last ..LOL

Later days davin

Edited by mopar01lee