Model Cars Magazine Forum

86 Monte Carlo

Deckerz

As you know my mustang ended up going down the drag racer route so im building this as a street instead.

Im still trying different methods how to strip the paint from the body, hood and engine block, im using the block for testing because i want to get the v6 from the grand national kit, so far iv been testing stuff out for the interior and iv come up with a good result.

Picture283.jpg

Picture284.jpg

Picture285.jpg

The seats and steering wheel are from the ford focus kit, the seats fit perfectly on the stock seat mounts which saves me time that i don't have really (il explain at the end), the steering collum is one of the wheel pins for the donk convertion, im going to glue the steering wheel straight on to it.

I want to try and make some paddle shifters for it and put a vertical handbrake in place of the shifter but there isn't enough time for fabricating, even more so when i don't have the supplies or money.

This build is a real important one, i have a strict deadline but i can't afford any set backs or screw ups.

The reason its so important is because its going to be part of my portfolio i need to take to a college interview to try get on the course i want to do next year so all the help you guys can give me it would be much appreciated, my interview is in 3 weeks so i really need suggestions on how to get the paint (cellulose) off the body and i really need that buick v6.

All for now........

Edited by Deckerz

Managed to get most of the paint off, the only paint i can't get off is on the engine bay and the overspray on the inside of the body, hopefully the primer should deal with covering it all.

Picture286.jpg

Im simply going to paint the interior flat black, add flocking to the floor and to some trim on the door pannels, i will probaly paint the seats carbon fibre effect.

Picture287.jpg

Picture288.jpg

Picture289.jpg

Im going to add a GPS on the top of dash. I thought the seat sat abit low in the car but thats normal for these bucket seats.

I hope to get at least the body in paint this week.

All for now.....

Thanks for replies guy, this is the choise of colour......

Picture249.jpg

I think if i can't get a buick engine i will try find a big block chevy engine thats a direct drop in, iv also ordered a small cowl resin hood for this kit.

Wow looks goods so for. Iam working on one to iam doing it custon. The front assembly and back need a lot of work. I need to pick a color to put on it.Iam new to this or getting back into it i have not done a lot. So this forum and all of u are a big help. TY TY

Edited by van

You got a good start! You're on YouTube too arn't you?

But anyways, if you can't get a buick turbo v6, try asking for a gmc syclone turbo'd 4.3L v6. The 4.3 is basiclly a 350, but with two less cylenders. Great engine btw, I have a stock one in my truck, no turbo.

I don't have an extra though, using it but try some other people.

Looking good so far, I'm liking it.

Im going to add a GPS on the top of dash. I thought the seat sat abit low in the car but thats normal for these bucket seats.

Actually you are correct about your seats sitting too low. these seats are made for race & import cars but all you have to do is add rails to the bottom to raise the seats about 3-4 scale inches. And good job on the build so far. keep up the good work. Romell :D