Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford 3 window coupe

Paul Payne

Steve H., First I took some sheet aluminum and cut away everything that didn't look like a dashboard.... :twisted: but seriously, I used a 1/16" flat tipped diamond grit bit in my rotary tool and tried to lightly touch it to the surface in a even pattern to simulate engine turning. It was tricky maintaining control, but it isn't too bad for my first attempt. :lol:

The level is low and mean and the rake is sweet. Nice choice of engine too. I love the over all effect. The dash looks so real. Great job. I am working on one myself. Sort of a body drop on the frame. Originally I was going to have the wheels sticking out from the body like you do, but once I looked at it, I decided to open up the wheel wells and bring the wheels in. It has a nice tucked in effect that I like.Two32sRadiusedRear2.jpg Here is a pic before I brought the wheels in....please let me know what you think.http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/Fullauto-1966/2Deuces2.jpg

thanks for the comments- this was exactly the look I wanted- low, mean, and dark- not much chrome- note the club is the Black Widows! Fullauto 1966, I like the progress of you deuce- keep us posted with more pix. I wanted the car to look like an older build updated with disc brakes, wide tires, and a newer engine, and I like the simplicity of the Moon discs. :D :twisted: