Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Moebius Lonestar

puff theres pics of the mock-up in this thread and it looks alot like the harley rig, from what i see, the headlights and bumper R not the same but there can be more i dont see.i like the black and silver on it. :D

The H/D edition has a different grille and hood side trim also. I think the 5 hole wheels are strictly H/D but may be wrong on that. The battery boxes and sun visor have H/D logos on them leading me to think they are unique to it as well. Here is a link to a test of the truck. There are quite a few photos also.

Guest 59elcamino

I am SO exited about this truck , can't wait for it to be released !

Stretched wheelbase hauling a 42' Great Dane Reefer !

Martin

The H/D edition has a different grille and hood side trim also. I think the 5 hole wheels are strictly H/D but may be wrong on that. The battery boxes and sun visor have H/D logos on them leading me to think they are unique to it as well. Here is a link to a test of the truck. There are quite a few photos also.

Well, reading that confirmed what everyone already knew. Car & Driver is completely staffed by leftovers from the original cast of La Cage aux Folles.

Thw Mock-up is a tooling mock-up, primer is the only paint it'll ever get. There won't be anything to paint until we get first test shots, that looks like it'll be late this summer or early fall. There are only a couple wheel mock-ups not a full set. We won't have a full set of wheels and tires until test shots are ready.

Edited by Dave Metzner

this looks like a VERY awesome kit, I can't wait to see it out and on the market. I haven't really built any in at least a year but I will DEFINITELY build one or three of these guys ( one completely black with a 36" frame stretch attached to a custom scratchbuilt 48' spread axle reefer ) I am very excited for this kit to hit the market. thanks Dave for keeping up with our newer style trucks, it'd be awesome to see some more from you guys if it looks this real.

I do have a few questions about the kit though:

does it come with all the lights and such to make the beginnings of a show truck?

the kit doesn't HAVE to be put together with the roof fairing does it?

is this kit 1/25th scale with a true steerable front axle?

Chad

you guys have an amazing kit going into production I see so far

Edited by Chad

Sorry, no steerable front axle it's too fragile made in all plastic parts especially if everything is kept to scale...

The roof fairing is part of the sleeper roof in this kit - building the truck without it will require some surgery.

The lighs as you see them on the mock-up are what will be in the kit...

Dave

Dave, I'd like to say thanks to you and all involved with this kit. I cannot believe how forthcoming you've been with all of us and our questions. I don't recall any manufacturer ever showing a mock up and answering questions before tooling. To me that is a sign that Moebius does things a bit different. That can only mean great things for the modeler's here and hopefully for the books at Moebius.

Thanks again.

Chris

Dave, I'd like to say thanks to you and all involved with this kit. I cannot believe how forthcoming you've been with all of us and our questions. I don't recall any manufacturer ever showing a mock up and answering questions before tooling. To me that is a sign that Moebius does things a bit different. That can only mean great things for the modeler's here and hopefully for the books at Moebius.

Thanks again.

Chris

I agree! I really admire Dave for coming here and answering all our questions! (hopefully not too many questions! :rolleyes: ) It's really great to have someone on "the inside" that's willing to supply us with information and updates!

The only bad thing is now I want this kit more than ever but we still have to wait! :rolleyes:

Hello Dave,

I have to agree with Ben & Crispy!!!

Your choice to be here with us and giving us all these information about the kit is something new for me also and by this, you & Moebius have already won my respect about your work and what are you doing on this kit.

I will support Moebius 1000% on this - and who knows??? - in future new truck kits.

I just have a question not exactly for the the kit, but about its commercial route and about importers. I know that the kit is based on the interest of the US market, but will it be availiable in the EU market? It will be more easy for us in the EU to buy the kit from our local importers than to buy it from US ipmorters which are maybe not shiping worldwide...

Greetings from Athens,

Kostas.

Point well taken. This appears to be a well engineered & thought out kit, but I'm sure there are limitations in the manufacturing process for mass production & afforability. This kit is definately on my Christmas List!

I have already told my wife I will be buying 3 or 4 of these to build in different renditions of the truck. I'm going to start building the trailer here very soon, I need to get some true measurements of the real reefer I want to build and than I will be on to building my own custom 48' with 8' spread. all black absolutely no chrome whatsoever...and than building one of these bad boys stretched to a 300" wheelbase to pull it.

Chad

Dave,

I just realized you're from Mishawaka....I grew up in Niles and graduated from Edwardsburg, are these kits being produced in Mishawaka or somewhere else? it makes me want to buy more of them since it's a hometown model company.

Chad

Dave,

I just realized you're from Mishawaka....I grew up in Niles and graduated from Edwardsburg, are these kits being produced in Mishawaka or somewhere else? it makes me want to buy more of them since it's a hometown model company.

Chad

Chad,

Are you the same Chad I used to pick up at his home in Edwardsburg, take to St Joe Valley Modelers in Motion meetings back 7-8 years ago?

Art