Model Cars Magazine Forum

2010 Dodge challenger

The Phenom

Hi i Started this model a few months ago ,i have been corrected a few fit problems with few parts such as the hood bumpers and window trim

the model was painted in Dodge PYB Detonator yellow from Scalefinishes and clearcoated with urethane clear U-tech

then i polished the entire body with 3m polishing compound,i used the geronimo works detail set to add a little realism in some areas i hope you enjoy

SANY0325.jpg

SANY0324.jpg

SANY0326.jpg

the stripe decal is made from scalemotorsport twillwave pattern because the kit decal doesnt look right so i decided to made one more realistic

SANY0328.jpg

here the model was polished and assembled the front and rear suspension with the photoetched disk from geronimo works

the brake calipers comes with the weronimo's set

SANY0342.jpg

SANY0340.jpg

SANY0339.jpg

Guest Sickfish

Mate it's lookin' very sharp! Great job on paint/polishing!! Wheels look very realistic, just like the 1:1! Looking forward to seeing the Chally completed :-)

Cheers Cliffo :-)

wow great flawless paintjob and great detail with the brakes and those little hemi badges.

does 3m polish leave no residue? the polish i use right now leave a white residue in all the door seams and other lines.

Hi

the 3m polish leave residues ,you can remove it with a toothbrush dipped in a mild solution of dish washing agent and plenty of water ,scrub lightly into the panel and door lines and wash the entire body and parts with clear water.

Im like everyone else that paint job is incredible!what's your secret in getting such a perfect finish?.

Hi!

My secret? easy.. Patience , lot of effort and the most important a good airbrush.

just kidding ..lot of practice is the key.,and a good finish on the primer surface ,that helps very much.

The type of paint is a good start.,Basecoats works great, automotive clear thin (urethane) and a good air pressure 40PSI

on clears and 25PSI on basecoats

i use IWATA eclipse and revolution airbrushes ., it works very well with automotive paints.

thanks!