Model Cars Magazine Forum

his first model

My grandson i s three, and has been bugging me to show him how to put a "car" togeather. So I bought a snap togeather camaro,and we spent about an hour putting it togeather today. He even put some of the parts togeather, with a little help of course.This was probably more fun for me than him, but does indicate that there may be hope for the future of our hobby. As long as he's interested we'll continue to do more togeather. besides it's great to be able to spend quality time with the grandkids.

He thinks it's a " really really really cool car, and the bestest I've ever seen." B):D :D

My grandson i s three, and has been bugging me to show him how to put a "car" togeather. So I bought a snap togeather camaro,and we spent about an hour putting it togeather today. He even put some of the parts togeather, with a little help of course.This was probably more fun for me than him, but does indicate that there may be hope for the future of our hobby. As long as he's interested we'll continue to do more togeather. besides it's great to be able to spend quality time with the grandkids.

He thinks it's a " really really really cool car, and the bestest I've ever seen." :D :D :D

That's awesome. It is hard to get kids interested in the hobby. I don't think models will ever disappear completely but I do think model companies need to try and do more subjects to bring in younger modelers.

My nephew is 6 and has done a couple models but only with me I gave him a model to do at home and he never touched it. The sad part is he can do a snap model almost completely by himself an when I let him touch the paint he is pretty good at it for his age.