Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Kenworth K123

I was trying to find my post about the K123 kit and it appears I never made one! Back last summer I built a test shot of the K123 for AMT for their trade show display.

The kit is a great kit - a couple of fit issues - the undercab exhaust piping needs careful attention to get it to mate to the turbo and the bottom of the mufflers and clear the cab.

K123ISMFS09510.jpg

K123hwyleft9510.jpg

K123cabpainted9410.jpg

K123rollingchassis9410.jpg

K123reflection9510.jpg

At the time (September) the Interstate Motor Freight System decals were not yet a sure thing.

My KW was built with no chrome plating - I used Duplicolor Bumper Chrome and Bare Metal Foil.

This kit has dozens of possibilities when you kitbash parts or swap in resin.

Build away !

Tim

Now need to find a 1/25th scale Cat 3408 and I can build a model of the last rig dad drove (of course, I will need 2 kits as dads was a super-sleeper).

I remember seeing these pics before; I do believe you did another thread on this. No matter, seeing it again cemented the notion that I need to get this kit!

I have been new to the model building. I'm going to buy a truck someday, I'm saving the money up. I have built models but I tell you these models look like I could start them up and drive off the picture. You guys do a great job building the kits. I'm building the white roadboss right now. But after I have seen these I want to throw it away. I'm building the 123 kenworth next. Tim has been helping me with advise. I bet you guys have airbrushes, and other nice stuff. Is there a website on how to build trucks like that. Like what you need. I love trucks I drive them at work, and I will buy one someday, but now I build little trucks. : :unsure:

No airbrush for me - good old rattle can spray paint. I use Duplicolor automotive paints for most projects.

Tim

I have been new to the model building. I'm going to buy a truck someday, I'm saving the money up. I have built models but I tell you these models look like I could start them up and drive off the picture. You guys do a great job building the kits. I'm building the white roadboss right now. But after I have seen these I want to throw it away. I'm building the 123 kenworth next. Tim has been helping me with advise. I bet you guys have airbrushes, and other nice stuff. Is there a website on how to build trucks like that. Like what you need. I love trucks I drive them at work, and I will buy one someday, but now I build little trucks. : :)

That K-123 looks great Tim, so good to have one of the best old kits back in production. What do you think the chances are of seeing the Watkins/Movin'On back again? Did hear there was an issue with the chassis when they did the T-600 but never heard how bad it was??

great job on the k123 tim, looks great just like all your work does. i am very excited thay brought these back!! im gonna load up on them before they dissapear lol. have you heard anything about the w925's coming back out or maybe the pete 352's ? that would be awesome to see them both released lol .