Model Cars Magazine Forum

K!23 Kenworth with 40 Foot Fruehauf Tater Wagon

Soo guys its been a busy winter I got a dremel tool with cutting wheels to ease my work alittle bit.. a hack saw seemed soo primitive haha. I used a friends heated garage to get the painting done and I finally got a new camera to put up some finished pics of what I have been upto the past few months. here is my K123 Kenworth with a 40 ft Fruehauf Wagon.

AMT Reissued K123 is custom painted a little bit of a stretch job on the frame with some extra parts added here and there and real aluminum stacks with miter ends. Real vinyl stripes for a owner operator touch.

AMT Reissued Fruehauf is modified with a rear tailight assembly ( I didnt like the tailight buckets they gave it looked too simple) and a set of aluminum wheels from Spaulding Trading. I added a spare tire rack under the wagon attached to the landing gear.

Let me know what you think of my lil creations. Enjoy!

post-6839-0-30578400-1299535152_thumb.jp

post-6839-0-49530800-1299535181_thumb.jp

post-6839-0-85714600-1299535219_thumb.jp

post-6839-0-43127600-1299535351_thumb.jp

Notice the the rear cage of the trailer is modified.

hey thanks guys for the comments im glad you like it, next truck I build will be a Kenworth W900 stretched out with a 60 inch mercury sleeper.. just finding time is the issue right now. Oh and by the way Jim, a tater wagon is what in my area we always called trailers that are 42 to 45 footers, these are usually prime potato hauling trailers. the reason they like em short is because theyre easier for getting in the farms and usually a pretty lightweight trailer. one of Pop's trailers is a 1983 42 ft Utility, it was a reefer trailer in the 80's so its insulated and keeps the taters warm in the winter and cooler in the summer.