Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Challenger

crazyjim

Just finished this puppy yesterday. I used Plastikote black primer as a basecoat and then shot HOK Pavo purple, followed by several coats of clear, sanded and polished. Wheels/tires are Pegasus, while the disk brakes are my Brembo castings. The bucket seats are also my castings. I cut out the grill and installed mesh.

100_3185.jpg

100_3203.jpg

100_3202.jpg

100_3201.jpg

100_3200.jpg

i dont know Jim

im usually a big fan of you work and i love mopars but somehow this one seems sub-par

please dont take it the wrong way but i think ive seen you build better models then this one

ive thought about it a while and this is what i think kinda breaks it for me,

with the plastic looking shifter tunnel (would look great in one of them newfangled imports like a XB or so) and the red radiator shroud and rear axle it looks toyish to me

you know what i mean?

on the plus side, this is the second best engine ive seen from you (i really liked the sidedrafted chevy) and the detail on it looks great

the paint is also very nice, and...the tires are on there properly B)

Tokyo drift - a movie? Never heard of it. I'm not sure about the engine. The old block came out of one parts bin, the heads from another, oil pan, front cover, and intake manifold from other places. The headers are solder. Actually, the block is is old, the white plastic was yellow. Doesn't matter because it's already been painted grey. My intention is to keep the engine low so I won't have to punch a hole in the hood - kind of a sleeper, you know?

gotta love those partsbox builds

ive had the idea of making a civic into something cool by dropping in a hemi and dong the billboards and what not

tokyo drift is one of the fast and furriest movies in which the main kid moves to japan and learns to drift

the first time he tries he totally destroys the car so they toss in into the trash

long story short, towards the end of the movie he needs to race and he has a rolling chassis mustang but no mill

so they fish the import (is it an import if your in japan?) out of the dumpster and transplant the hamster into the mustang

if im not mistaking revell even made a kit of that car complete with donklike wheels and the import engine