Model Cars Magazine Forum

canadian lockout

you cananda heads can tell me more about it but i bought a model pete 359 kit number 6644 midnight express kit off ebay and the guy sent me a message back stating the postal system is in a lockout and when they get finished then he will get the shipping qoute for me but until then i am still the winner of the auction so maybe someone can enlighten me on the subject matter!

and if anyone is wondering i only paid $10 and some change for the kit usd. ;)

Yeah it throws a massive stick in the spokes of the sports card hobby too... it's just a mess.

a mess the size of the gulf oil spill! when do you think everything will be cleaned up across our borders to canada?

i really want my peterbilt......................! :rolleyes:

From what I've seen and heard about how things are going I wouldn't be surprised if it took over a month. The mail carriers were willing to work 3 days a week to keep a little flow going and they accepted less pay and benefits and after a few weeks of that they finally locked them out. (I didn't click the link so I don't know if it's about the same thing)

I'm prayin' just as much as you, I want to get some trades going and since the mail has halted in Canada it's tough making a deal.

Now the facts from the son of a government employee (no not postal)

They were delivering 3 days a week (Monday, Wednesday and friday)

Then the Heads of Canada post locked them out, as it's going now the government has said it will force everyone back to work monday, but they are in negociation right now trying to get what they want throught collective bargaining before Monday.

That's how I have read it and been explained it.

Nick

Edit: my dad works for the CBC(Canadian Broadcast Company) (the place linked above)

Edited by Nick Winter

Geez, the postal mess, and now rioting in the streets of Vancouver!

Good God... what is it with you people up there? ;)

:rolleyes::lol::P

Things have certainly gone a little crazy here.

The riot in downtown Vancouver is a black eye on this city. It really had nothing to do with the outcome of the hockey game. It was planned by a few thugs and the good news is they will all be prosecuted. The police have 1000s of pictures rolling in from the public showing these thugs in action. In this day and age you cannot get away from security of smartphone cameras. Some of them actually went on to facebook bragging to their friends about what they had done. Many were turned into the police.

Acually I am happy to see Boston win the cup.

I to am hoping the postal stike will end soon. I also have an order in the mail system I am waiting for.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

buncha babies acting like little kids over vacation time and sick days.....i think they should have not only locked them all out, but should have fired every single one of them, then hired replacements to take their place at lower wages

buncha babies acting like little kids over vacation time and sick days.....i think they should have not only locked them all out, but should have fired every single one of them, then hired replacements to take their place at lower wages

+1 anyone who cant do their job and feels like they are too good to work for what they agreed they would work for needs to be enlisted into the army and put to work

+1 anyone who cant do their job and feels like they are too good to work for what they agreed they would work for needs to be enlisted into the army and put to work

actually how about the united states marine corp now there tough son of a guns! :D