Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is there a Flocking match for Calypso Coral??

Head to a craft store like Michaels or Hobby Lobby and look for "embossing powder". You probably won't find an exact match but, they can be mixed to come close to a correct shade. I did this with some flocking several years ago. I needed a specific shade of turquoise for the carpet in a '49 Merc. As I recall I used green, white and a bit of blue to get what I needed.

G

also look for the flocking while in Michaels, Martha Stewart has a line of it for a decent price.

thanks guys i did not know this at all!! AFter i get the paint, i will spray up my test strip and go shopping.

Happy Friday.

joe.

One other note:

With embossing powder, you can use white and then paint it with any color you want. Therefore, if you wanted a Calyso Coral carpet, you could use the white embossing powder and then spray it with your body color. Presto! Instant exact match.

;)

Thank you for pictures. My source was Mike Mueller's book Mustang '64 1/2 to '73. I really like the picture in there and it "appeared" it was a very close match to the exterior. I had better go back and double check. If i can i will scan and show the pictures here.

Thanks again,

I am learning I am learning I am learning I am learning I am learning I am learning

joe.

You can also use baking soda for flocking. Same technique,much better scale appearance. Plus,you probably have some in your fridge. Spray a light coat of primer over it before painting to seal the baking soda or use laquer paint.

You can also use baking soda for flocking. Same technique,much better scale appearance. Plus,you probably have some in your fridge. Spray a light coat of primer over it before painting to seal the baking soda or use laquer paint.

But won't the plastic melt when you put it in the oven? :unsure::angry::P :P

Just kidding, folks! I know. ;)

SERIOUSLY??? :huh: I've never heard that one before but what a low buck tip! Could you post a pic of one done like that?

This isn't a good photo,but it's the only decent one I have. I never took any photos of just the floorpan.

Well,I tried to post a photo,but for some reason,all that shows up is a bar that says resized to -5%. It was straight from my photobucket,so I don't know what's up.

Edited by plowboy

Seems I no longer have the model I 'flocked' with baking soda, and no pics of the interior. :lol: Maybe I'll give it another go and snap a photo or two this time. Like it's been said, apply it, a thin coat of primer (just enough to seal it in place), and a light mist of your color coat, and it looks very convincing.

Edited by Chuck Most