Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 - Chevy Nova from "Death Proof"

Drake69

Why yes, it is.... ;)

Actually, I had that small window get a little scratched when I was removing some of the Krystal Klear glue off (when it was having trouble mounting with the interior in...), and since I didn't want to disassemble it I took Tamiya Clear Red and painted the inside glass and some at the bottom of the windshield, passenger side.

After all, its GOTTA have a victim in there somewhere... B)

Hi Allen,

you built the Death Proof Nova very fast! For my own too fast, because your rollcage mismatch with the example moviecar you've posted.

There is a part of the cage in the middle of the car, on the passengers Door are only two diagonal strive, mounted near the chassis. How could the passenger get into the car when the door open?

Another point is, there is a massive rollcage "over the head" from driver/passenger with a cross in the back of the seat. This part i am missing completly...

The problem is, if you built a car like this (similar to racecars), you must search for all informations and pictures you can get. Its one of the hardest builts in our hobby, to come as close to the original as you can.

Last, a tip for decals on flat paints:

First i paint the car highgloss. then fix the decals on and finaly, i paint the body with flat clearcoat. this type, you have no silvering of the decals.