Model Cars Magazine Forum

2007 Shelby GT500

mrmike

This is how I lower the new Revell Mustangs. The picture below shows the front disc brakes with the one on the right modified. By removing the bottom of the mount, I can move the brake disc up on the front spindle or on the rear axle. Moving the disc up will lower the car to a more realistic level.

GT50054.jpg

I usually use the mounting pin that comes with the kit, but I wanted to try something a little different that I had read about. I used a piece of round stock and glued a short piece into the pin retainer and wheel. I will use a set of business cards under the chassis and set the ride height I want and then I will glue the brake disc to the wheel and then the brake disc to the suspension in the position I want.

GT50055.jpg

While the glue sets up on the wheels, I went ahead and started detailing the brakes.

GT50056.jpg

More to come...

Lately, I have been finding more time to work on the Shelby and it is really starting to come together. The engine compartment is now complete!

GT50057.jpg

A shot of the open element airbox.

GT50058.jpg

The Shelby is now up on four wheels!

GT50059.jpg

More to come...