Model Cars Magazine Forum

Outlaw 10.5 79 camaro

outlaw105

Ok guys i have another small update and hopefully another sometime tonight. I got my screw blower and hat from competition resins, The blower hat had to be modified to fit the screw. I could have bought a hat that fit, but I wanted it to look like this one from dmpe: http://www.dmpeinc.c...r-hat-html.html So heres a few mock up pics.... its now SCREWED!! ( p.s. dont mind the giant hole in the hood a cowl will go over it. lol)

IMG_2992.jpg

IMG_2991.jpg

Thanks, I got a little bit more finished up since most of it was already started. I made the firewall, put some braces in the double frame rail and made the headers, I usually wait towards the end to make the headers but I didnt feel like doing work on the chassis. :unsure:

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

Edited by outlaw105

Thanks, I got a little bit more finished up since most of it was already started. I made the firewall, put some braces in the double frame rail and made the headers, I usually wait towards the end to make the headers but I didnt feel like doing work on the chassis. :unsure:

I hear that.... I get tired of working on the chassis as well and start working on small details.

Great updates... keep them coming!

Thanks Andy,Bart and Wayne...Of course I dont mind Andy, I think you might have been looking at some old rules or something. Nowadays almost every single outlaw 10.5 car has side exits. The Exaust being like that just has many benefits. Heres a link to 2012 cecil county rules that most of the east coast takes after if you are intrested (9th post): http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313960

Finished the Driveshaft tunnel and made a shifter mount for it because this car will have a Rossler Turbo 400 tranny in it. I also made the Precision Performance Products (PPP) shifter. The tunnel is just sitting in there now because I have not made any mounts or tabs, since I dont know how long or short turbo 400 from comp resins will be.

IMG_3005.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

Well guys I really havent been working on it much but I do have the wing made for it and the trunk cut out, the trunk still needs some sanding around the edges . I also got bored one day so I stole some wheels off another car and thought I would take a few mock up pics of how it should look when im done. The blower is sitting forward a bit because the bodys just thrown on there.

IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3014.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

(p.s. I took Tyrone's advice on how he cuts things open and Those are probably the best cuts I've done.... and the way the wheels are painted are one of his deals too. lol)

Edited by outlaw105

looks real good bro, you got that thing sitting on the ground lol... looking good, the wheels look tight also, glad to see the method of opening things up worked for you, the key with that is to take it slow and keep the blade straight, it looks great.. any paint ideas yet...