Model Cars Magazine Forum

In Progress: Fujimi Lexus LS400

Captain Obvious

I can't remember the last time I posted an "in-progress" thread, so I figured I'd do it with this kit. It's the Fujimi Lexus LS400, it was my first order from HobbyLink Japan (arrived in less than a week :o ), chosen because it's not seen built very often, and I've always been a fan of fhe understated elegance of this big sedan.

The kit:

fuj03776.jpg

The "progress", if you can call it that...lol...primed with Testors Gray Primer:

P1030932.jpg

Undecided on colors but it will be one of these three, I think...left to right - Rust-Oleum Antique Brass Metallic over a gray primer base, Testors Gloss Black lacquer, and Testors Gloss Black lacquer with a thin top-coat of Testors Graphite Dust.

P1030930.jpg

It will be built box-stock, with the possible exception of adding window tint.

Progess will be most likely slow, as I tend to build in increments of a few weekend minutes here and there, so stay tuned. ;)

Edited by Captain Obvious

Okay, I decided to go with the Graphite...I was never completely sold on the brass, and I feel the graphite better suits the car's personality.

P1030934.jpg

P1030935.jpg

P1030936.jpg

Paint is Testors Gloss Black lacquer as a base, then wetsanded, then a light coat of Testors Graphite Dust lacquer, then a couple coats of Testors Ultra-gloss Clear. As you can see, the car has a date with some Tamiya polishing compounds when it's gassed out (pic was taken when it was dry to the touch).

Interior and chassis are under way as well, but no pics yet. Dashboard will need some detail painting since the kit decals did not cooperate with me. -_-

Edited by Captain Obvious