Model Cars Magazine Forum

QUESTION? 64 Dodge to 65 Dodge

Would the 1964 Dodge square roof (Lindberg) fit on a 65 Dodge Coronet(Polar Lights)? I have a few convertibles and drag cars that would be good doner cars. Are the two kits the same dimensions or would there be lots of filling/cutting involved to make them the same size.

I am looking to do this roof swap in the future, I got the '64 Dodge kit (Lindberg) but still need to get the '65 Dodge kit (Polar Lights). Don't know if it will be an easy swap, but I did use the roof from the '64 Dodge for this '64 Plymouth and it was not that hard to do, but both were Lindberg kits...

66c92b38dd.jpg

70bad3a6b2.jpg

Are you wanting to convert the Lindberg 1964 Plymouth to a sedan like the Lindberg 1964 Dodge is ? If so Jimmy Flintstone makes a resin body for this conversion. I have one enroute to me now and should be here tomorrow afternoon if you want a reference good or bad.

And I just measured the Lindberg 1964 dodge and compared them to a Polar Lights 1965 Dodge.

The Lindberg body is almost 3/16" on an inch narrower than the PL 1965 Dodge body is so it would not be an easy swap.

plus the curverture at the base of the ft and rear glass is different between the 2

Edited by gtx6970